Diabetes is listed as an epidemic and appears to be on the rise worldwide. Diabetes is a disorder that alters blood sugar levels and insulin production and can cause a variety of complications if left untreated. It can be treated through lifestyle changes and exercise. With dietary changes, few spices and herbs are available in nature to help fight diabetes. Not only are these treatments economical in your pocket, they also help reduce medication. There are many herbs (the leaves of plants) that have been shown to be effective in regulating blood sugar levels. Here we mention the most common and effective herbs for effectively controlling blood sugar levels.
5 Herbs to Fight Diabetes
- oregano: Due to its high content of glycosides, flavonoids and polyphenols, oregano helps lower blood sugar levels. It also helps raise insulin levels in the body. In its dry form, oregano can be added to salads, soups or other dishes. You can add fresh herbs to boiling water, soak for 5 minutes, strain and drink as morning tea. You can also chew 5 to 6 oregano leaves on a regular basis.
- Curry leaves: It is an aromatic leaf and is widely used in cooking preparations. It helps lower blood sugar levels and promotes carbohydrate metabolism. You can chew it daily on an empty stomach or use it while preparing a meal.
- Giroy: Is an Ayurvedic magical plant that is powerful enough not only to help control blood sugar levels and other diabetic symptoms, but also to alleviate many problems that occur from head to toe. Giroy also boosts immunity. It uses antioxidants to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. To consume it, take a teaspoon of giroy powder or 1/2 inch of fresh crushed giroy stem and mix or soak in water overnight. Take it the next morning on an empty stomach. You can also boil 1/2 inch Jiroy stalks in half with a glass of water and drink hot twice a day.
- Sadabahar: It is a common plant found in India. The flowers are the main ingredient that helps lower blood sugar levels. Sadabahar flowers can be boiled in water for a few minutes. In the morning, you can drink it as tea with tension. You can also chew 3-4 leaves daily on an empty stomach.
- peppermint: Contains natural antioxidants that help fight diabetes, heart disease, aging, and cancer. It also adds a wonderful flavor and aroma to the tea. Peppermint is available on the market in both fresh and dried leaves or tea bags, but it is better to choose fresh leaves. Adding the leaves to the tea will improve the flavor and allow you to take antioxidants daily. Alternatively, you can add it to your salad or chew 4-5 leaves on an empty stomach. Please be careful: People with GERD or those who are prone to acidity should avoid stomach acid as it relaxes the muscles that close the stomach from the esophagus and causes acid reflux.
We hope this article will help you fight diabetes. Always check with your doctor, nutritionist, or dietitian if you have any allergies or other medical conditions before switching to fighting diabetes with any of these mysterious herbs. Check out for more information on diabetes Healthy reading Or watch a LIVE session by an expert. GOQii Play..
fbq('init', '355228421268053'); fbq('track', "PageView");