May 24, 2022
Apps that support account creation must allow users to start deleting accounts within the app after June 30, 2022. App Store Review Guidelines 5.1.1 (v).. This deadline has been extended to provide additional time to implement this requirement.
Keep the following requirements in mind when updating your app:
- Account deletion options are easy to find in the app.
- If your app offers “Sign in with Apple,” you’ll need to use “Sign in with Apple REST API” to revoke your user token when you delete your account.
- It is not enough to provide the ability to temporarily deactivate or deactivate an account. People should be able to delete their accounts along with their personal data.
- Apps in the highly regulated industry may provide additional customer service flows to review and facilitate the account deletion process.
- Please follow applicable legal requirements regarding the storage and retention of user account information and the processing of account deletion. This includes compliance with local laws in different countries or regions. As always, check with your lawyer.
Account deletion requirements begin June 30th-Latest News
https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=12m75xbj Account deletion requirements begin June 30th-Latest News