Nootbox Games is currently developing Rune Fencer Illyia. This is an “intense and atmospheric action platformer with an emphasis on exploration and combat”. The project is targeted for launch in 2021 on Switch.
Rune Fencer Illyia is an intense and atmospheric action platformer with an emphasis on exploration and combat. Cross huge, mysterious and dangerous worlds, meet strange allies and enemies, and fight numerous enemies with fast-paced swordsmanship and powerful rune magic.
A young Lunist named Ilya of Moonstone wakes up in the wreckage of an airship traveling with her twin sister Lily. Now Ilya has to explore the strange world of ruins that has arrived, find her missing sister and find a way home.
But things are never that easy, as she uncovers the secrets of the fallen kingdom and the people wandering around it.
– Tight and fast combat: Dodge deadly attacks, attack with summoned blades, steal runes from enemies and create powerful rune magic.
– Atmospheric Exploration: Wander the world of beautiful, huge, interconnected, handmade games with over 15 different areas filled with hidden areas and secrets.
– Customize your build: Collect and equip hidden trinkets throughout the kingdom, grant new abilities and stat boosts, create your own strategies and adapt them to your own playstyle.
– There are over 140 unique and demonic enemies lurking deep inside the Itos Kingdom.
– A fierce boss battle that challenges your skills and knowledge.
– Place unique allies and merchants who have encountered and rescued in dangerous ruins throughout the shrine!
– Create over 100 useful recipes using different ingredients.
– Experience rich stories in cutscenes and learn about secrets and mysterious folklore of items.
Rune Fencer Illyia will be available digitally for Switch at release. We will inform you as soon as the release date is decided.