Alain Prost accused him of “not paying respect” after his departure was leaked before the Alpine F1 Team was officially announced.
Four-time F1 World Champion Prost has been a special adviser to the team since 2017 and has been rebranding from Renault to Alpine ahead of last season.
F1’s website released news on Monday, but Prost confirmed it later that day.
In a post on Instagram, Prost said Alpine declined the offer to stay on the team rather than oppose the renewal of the contract.
“I’m very disappointed with how this news was announced today,” Prost posted.
“We have agreed to announce with Alpine! I’m sorry!
“I declined the offer in Abu Dhabi for the 2022 season because of my personal relationship. I was right!
“For the Enstone and Viry team, I miss you.”
Former Executive Director Marcin Budkowski left his team role earlier this month in connection with his move to Aston Martin. Budkowski was part of a bloated three-person leadership team, sharing duties with racing director Davide Bribio and CEO Laurent Rossi.
In an interview with L’Equip this week, Prost said he had run into the leadership of Rossi’s team and was frozen from decision-making.
“Rossi’s hope is to be alone and not contaminated by anyone,” Prost said in an interview. “He told me I didn’t need any advice anymore. I have a real desire to be on the sidelines of many people.”
Alpine finished fifth last year and Esteban Ocon declared his team’s first victory at the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Alain Prost leaves Alpine, F1 team says “no respect” after news leak
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/33092264/alain-prost-leaves-alpine-says-team-no-respect-news-leak Alain Prost leaves Alpine, F1 team says “no respect” after news leak