What sounds flashy does not always help our health. The word “superfood” must have appealed to you lately. So what exactly are superfoods? Why do we call them superfoods? There is no scientific definition, but according to the dictionary, the definition of superfoods is “to enhance health and the immune system due to the naturally high content of vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, or omega-3s. A food that is considered very good. Minerals “. Therefore, basically, superfoods provide high-density nutrients in small amounts of food.
Are superfoods fashionable?
Superfoods are primarily plant-based, and the large amounts of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants they contain prevent many chronic and autoimmune diseases, prevent inflammation and have significant health benefits. Anyone, including children, can enjoy it. However, there is no specific list of superfoods yet. It contains a variety of foods and from time to time new lists are added to the list. Superfoods are made by marketers, but they are all natural and incorporated as a supplement to our daily balanced diet, so they are not considered fashionable. But always and like everything else, superfoods need to be consumed in moderation. Healthy foods can be harmful to our body when taken in large quantities.. Don’t overuse one type of superfood. It is good to take varieties for maximum effect while taking various vitamins and minerals. Ideally, you should research and consult with a nutrition expert or health coach before trying out the new superfoods you come across.
What is the best?
- Nuts and seeds Provides protein, fiber, unsaturated fats, like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, etc.
- Quinoa: An ancient grain, a very good alternative to animal protein, especially for vegetarians, and a good source of iron, zinc, vitamin E, and selenium.
- Avocado: A rich source of monounsaturated fats (good quality fats) containing 20 vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytonutrients. It can be made as a healthy spread on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.
- Olive and extra virgin olive oil: Both olives and olive oil are very high in vitamin E and other powerful antioxidants.They are also rich in monounsaturated healthy fats that can protect our hearts and prevent cancer and osteoporosis
- Moringa: Moringa leaves are rich in antioxidants and iron. Apart from these, it contains 15 times more potassium than bananas and 7 times more vitamin C than oranges. It is also rich in many vitamins and minerals, preventing cell damage and boosting immunity.
- Dark leafy vegetables: Spinach, amaranth, beet green, dill, fenugreek, kale, mustard, etc. are excellent sources of minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, folic acid and zinc. It is also rich in vitamins A, C, K, folic acid and dietary fiber.
- Broccoli: Broccoli with a high content of calcium and collagen helps build strong bones.
- Seafood, especially salmon: Provides omega-3 fatty acids
- Berry: All types of berries, including strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and cherries, are resistant to antioxidants along with vitamins and minerals
- Beans and beans: Contains fiber, vitamins, minerals including B vitamins, iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium.
How to choose a superfood?
Looking at the list of superfoods, most of them are the least processed and plant-based. With this in mind, avoid foods that are processed and sold as superfoods. Before buying and reading a food label, it’s a good idea to look at its nutritional content, sugar content, sodium, and other chemicals that can be more harmful than good. Choose the one that is natural and has the least amount of processing. However, keep in mind that adding superfoods to your diet may not be healthy. Eating them in the right amount with a balanced diet, proper exercise, and healthy lifestyle habits is just as important.
Certain superfoods are not suitable for everyone due to allergies such as allergies to nuts and seeds. People with acute or chronic health should consult a dietitian before trying new foods. A healthy person can always include one or two superfoods daily to enjoy optimal health!
I hope you found this article useful.Please check out Healthy reading For more information, see the expert LIVE session. GOQii Play..
fbq('init', '355228421268053'); fbq('track', "PageView");