Ark: Survival Evolved is getting an update for the Xbox Series X, and the difference is huge. The game has always been at its best on the PC, but it’s a serious catch-up on the next-generation Xbox.
In a new trailer, Ark is unveiling the Xbox Update v802.9, which will be released on October 28th. If you play the game on Series X after the console launch on November 10th, you will be able to experience the game in 4K. Significantly improved details, higher frame rate, and many other improvements.
Check out the trailers for dinosaur survival games on Xbox Series X below. This is a big improvement.
Ark is available on the Xbox Game Pass, so if you’re a subscriber, it’s worth downloading to your new system. This trailer is specific to the X version of the Xbox Series, so it’s unclear if the game will be treated the same on the PlayStation 5.
4K resolution is just one of many changes in the future. Below is a complete list of extensions provided by the update.
- 4K output at 30-60 FPS
- Extreme draw / LOD distance (higher than PC)
- Extreme level streaming distance (higher than PC)
- Spectacular sky and air quality
- Spectacular surface scattering quality
- Infinite range of precision screen space ambient occlusion
- Maximum texture resolution
- 16x anisotropic filtering
- Infinite range distance field shadow
- Terrain self-shadowing
- Epic dynamic shadow quality
- Epic ground clutter distance
- High precision HDR output
- Spectacular post-processing quality
- Tetherless non-dedicated hosting
- Tetherless split screen
- Dedicated server hosting for 100 players
- Split screen multiplayer uses epic graphic settings
- 7x faster loading
Ark: Survival Evolved is also available on the least powerful consoles on the market. Introduced on Switch in 2018, it was the infamous rough port of a challenging game. A mobile version is also available.
GameSpot may receive commissions from retail offers.