Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has a new patch, with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, Ubisoft Connect, Epic Games Store, Stadia, and Amazon Luna all already released on the patched Xbox console today. Highlights include improved fish winding behavior, reworked sliding mechanics, and improved response to whistling. Uhu! Perhaps look at some other things as well.
- Xbox Series X | S: ~ 5.3 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
- Xbox One: ~ 4.9 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
- PlayStation 5: ~ 2.5 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
- PlayStation 4: ~ 4.1 GB @ 1pm CET | 7:00 am EDT | 4:00 am PDT | 11:00 pm AEDT
- PC: ~ 4.3 GB @ 1pm CET | 7:00 am EDT | 4:00 am PDT | 11:00 pm AEDT
Please note that these timings are approximate and subject to change.
Check out the most notable changes in 1.0.4 below.
Graphic / Performance Mode Overview
We’ve added an option to the game that allows players to choose between performance and visual quality.
- This option is available on Xbox Series X | S & Play Station5.5.
- Performance choice Allows the game to adjust its resolution and graphics settings to maintain 60 FPS.
- Quality choice Allows you to perform the maximum resolution and graphics settings in your game while maintaining 30 FPS.
- Default value Since the game was released:
- Xbox Series X / PlayStation5: Performance
- Xbox Series S: Quality
- A new background image has been added to the title screen.
- We’ve added various VFX to enhance the visuals.
- Added an option to automatically assign all nodes on the path when acquiring a central skill.
- Added the rune category to the rune menu. All runes are currently classified as weapon and armor runes.
- Added a warning when switching from a language that supports TTS to a language that does not.
- You can now use the left and right arrows to move the slider in the M & K and controller.
- Increased fabric limit to 82.
- Once the settlement reached level 6, we added fabrics to the traders.
- Added altar requirements to the world map.
- Updated gear quality and gear to correct values.
- Added assassination damage stats to the character stats page.
- Removed duplicate gear from inventory.
- Heavy and light attack stats are now adjusted correctly based on the skill nodes you have acquired.
- Heavy Attack modifiers no longer apply to Range Attacks.
Performance and stability
- Improved stability and performance.
- (Xbox Series) Improved Xbox Series S Experience | X Console with Screen Tear
- (PC) Addressed an issue with VRAM / RAM leaks when operating the Alt tab on the desktop.
Save the game
- Fixed some instances where the load game did not display save games correctly.
- Renamed cloud saves to make them easier to distinguish from regular saves.
- Previously, cloud saves were only highlighted with a cloud icon. Now it’s called “Manual Save Cloud”, for example.
- [保存]Removed Cloud Save from menu. This will prevent it from being overwritten unintentionally.
- Added notification when acquisition of cloud save fails.
Graphics, audio, animation
- Addressed various graphic issues across the board.
- Addressed various FX issues.
- Addressed various instances of clipping issues.
- Addressed various visual issues with Eivor’s cloak.
- Addressed various instances of player or NPC animation issues.
- Addressed various audio issues.
- Addressed various lighting issues.
- High shadow resolution now uses the correct value.
- Addressed issues with the placement of various textures or objects.
- Addressed some instances where players could get stuck in certain locations.
- Norwegian fish will spawn in bad weather. Yeah, I also had to read this twice.
- Crows no longer randomly fall from the Asgard sky. * Is it a bad sign? *
Gameplay, combat, AI
- Addressed various bow aiming issues.
- Completely improved NPC and boss behavior.
- NPCs will now react to player theft … so think twice before stealing!
- Addressed an issue where the dog would start to float when Eivor started stroking the dog.
- Blocking Springald’s projectile consumes stamina as intended.
- Enthusiasts attacked by sleep darts can now be attacked by stuns. sleep tight.
- Zealots will no longer heal themselves while in the vicinity of the player.
- Guards who clearly see Eivor shooting allies become hostile. * Press the emergency button *
- The guards will hear the impact of the corpse falling to the ground.
- The guard’s response to whistling has been improved.
- Improved disguise behavior in distrust zones.
- Shooting a bow from a longship now consumes arrows.
- Players will be able to assassinate sleeping NPCs in the air. * Barbarians … *
- Improved fish winding behavior.
- Addressed an issue where horses would not use gallop animation in combat.
- The crowd will cheer during the drinking game. *I prefer you. *
- I remade the sliding mechanic.
Quests, world events, side activities
- Addressed an issue where the assassination sequence would not play on some targets.
- Addressed various texture issues in cutscenes.
- Addressed various issues that prevented players from completing them in quests and world events.
- Players can no longer use fishing tackle or horns during a drunken walk in Tewdr – * Get drunk and go home. *
- Subquests now display the correct “partial” parent quest.
- Memory streams can now be selected when starting a new game when the Hold Alternative option is set to ON.
- Increasing frequency of experienced travelers.
User interface / HUD
- Addressed various user interface / HUD issues.
- Addressed various localization issues.
- Addressed various input issues related to mouse and keyboard
- Secrets are now detected when syncing viewpoints. (This does not apply to Pathfinder difficulty)
- Experienced travelers will be highlighted with a world map and compass when they are nearby.
- Addressed an issue where the map would not update after the player was informed by an experienced traveler.
- Increased Odin’s radius of view and enemies will now be highlighted longer. 👁️👄👁️
- The radius at which Synin displays keys has been improved.
- Reduced the display distance of Synin materials.
- The beam operation of the objective lens has been improved.
- You can now use Odin’s sight to see the beams of the village buildings.
- Improved the enemy’s target lock mechanism.
- “Sell all jewelery” will be grayed out after all jewelery has been sold. * Chatin! *
- The power level of the boss will now be displayed on the health gauge. This does not apply to regular enemies.
- Normal brightness settings no longer apply to HDR exposure settings.
- Codex no longer foresaw or spoils some events.
- (A11y) Desktop entries and content on Leila’s laptops are now narrated when menu narration is on.
- (A11y) Colorblind filters are now correctly applied to miniquest logs and raid tutorials.
Abilities and skills
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from using abilities when the Dive of the Valkyries ability was interrupted.
- Ally NPCs and horses can no longer trigger body traps. * Some people just want to see the world burn, right? *
- Addressed a display issue that could cause toxic powder traps to disappear after using Synin.
- Adjusted chain assassination behavior. Players will no longer be able to assassinate targets tackled on the ground.
- If equipped with a two-handed weapon, the secondary hand slot cannot be used (pre-heavy dual wheel skill).
- As you walk on the arrows, the Flame Powder Trap will now explode.
- “Force Open” is now displayed correctly even when nearby allies are in combat.
- Addressed an issue where allies would not help Eivor open the door during a raid.
- When the attack is complete, allies will return to the longship.
- Added a timer until the player can resume the raid just completed.
- Effect values can now be adjusted with the arrow keys or WASD.
- The unfiltered option now works correctly.
- The territory panel is no longer displayed in photo mode.
- The filter changes now work as intended.
- Addressed an issue that could cause temporary online service errors when viewing photos on a world map.
- Snow FX is now centered on the camera instead of the photo mode player.
- (PC) Updated the readme file to display the correct PC specifications.
- Added additional checkpoints to some boss battles.
- Addressed an issue that caused the controller to vibrate constantly.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck on a black screen after closing the menu at Start.
- (PC) Updated auto-discovery configuration for Nvidia Geforce 1650S.