Today, all of our environment contains direct or indirect synthetic ingredients that may look good but are not good for your health. Family planning is essential for most couples. It also supports wise decision making and ensures population control.
Couples who do not want to have children can use the basal body temperature method. It can also help couples planning their babies to have sexual intercourse before and after the ovulation period, thereby increasing their chances of becoming pregnant.
Unplanned sex can lead to unplanned pregnancies. People consider abortion an option. However, it causes many health problems for women. Planning a family can help prevent health problems. This article describes this natural family planning method called the basal body temperature method.
Basal body temperature It is the body temperature at rest. So how does basal body temperature play a role in family planning?
Regular measurements of basal body temperature can predict when ovulation will occur (ovulation is the process by which an egg is released from the ovaries in a woman’s body).The· Body temperature Immerse a little just before the ovaries release the egg. Then, 24 hours after the egg is released, the body temperature rises and continues to rise for several days. Female BBT averages between 36.1 ° C (97 ° F) and 36.4 ° C (97.5 ° F) before ovulation. After ovulation, it rises from 36.4 ° C (97.6 ° F) to 37 ° C (98.6 ° F).
You are most fertile about 2 days before the basal body temperature rises, but sperm can live in the reproductive tract for up to 5 days.
Therefore, this is a natural way to predict when you are likely to become pregnant. If you want to have a child, this will help you determine the day you are most likely to become pregnant. If you don’t want to have children, you can avoid unprotected sex during these days.
Why is the basal body temperature method preferred?
Couples prefer this method because it has no side effects. It’s also a cheap way to plan a family. Basal body temperature can also detect pregnancy. If the basal body temperature continues to rise for more than 18 days after ovulation, it indicates pregnancy.
Risks associated with this method:
There is no risk with this method. But that is not absolutely certain. It means that it is unreliable. However, it may work when used in combination with other family planning methods. It requires diligence because if you don’t want to get pregnant you have to avoid sex during your most fertile days.
Things to remember before using basal body temperature
- If you have recently given birth and are breastfeeding, this method will not help.
- If you are menopausal, you should consult your doctor before using this method.
- Several factors affect basal body temperature. these are:
- Stress / fatigue
- Drugs can also affect basal body temperature.
- If your sleep cycle is disturbed, it can affect your basal body temperature.
How to handle this method?
To proceed with the basal body temperature method, you need to do the following:
- Measure your basal body temperature every morning before getting out of bed. You can use a regular digital thermometer or a special thermometer designed to measure basal body temperature. These thermometers are available at any drug store. It is essential to sleep well before reading. Also, be sure to measure your body temperature at the same time each morning.
- Take your temperature from the same part of your body every day. It can be taken from the rectum, vagina, or mouth.
- Keep a record of readings. Whenever the temperature rises slightly and this rise is constant for 2-3 days, it is a sign of ovulation.
- If you want to get pregnant, plan sex with your partner these days. If you do not want to become pregnant, avoid unprotected sex during these days as it can lead to pregnancy.
When do you see a doctor?
Talk to your doctor if you feel this method is not very effective. He would suggest other methods that can be used in combination with the basal body temperature method. One of the methods your doctor may suggest is cervical mucus or billing.
Request a reservation at Apollo Hospital
Call 1860-500-1066 to make a reservation
Family planning is necessary, but it does not harm your health. Therefore, people prefer the natural family planning method because it has no side effects. These methods can be used to get pregnant or avoid pregnancy. But you have to keep records of them enthusiastically and regularly. Two methods can be performed together to increase the reliability of the results. You can use the basal body temperature method and the cervical mucus method together.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q1: What is the cervical mucus method?
A1: The cervical mucus method is used to determine when to ovulate by observing cervical mucus or vaginal discharge. With this method, it is necessary to observe the mucus daily and record the results. A few days before the appearance of slippery mucus is the day you can get pregnant.
Q2: What are the various methods of natural family planning?
A2: The natural family planning method is as follows.
- Calendar method
- Standard day method
- Cervical mucus method “
- Basal body temperature method.
Q3: What are the benefits of using a natural family planning method?
A3: The advantages are as follows.
- These are cheap methods.
- It facilitates communication between couples and makes them responsible.
- These methods have no side effects.
Q5: What is ovulation?
A5: This is the release of an egg from the ovary into the fallopian tube. Occurs approximately 15 days before the start of all periods.