Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War got a second update in a few days. The April 8th update of the Military Shooter introduces new modes in the form of Gun Fight Tournaments and Gun Fight Blueprints, and also adds a new throwback mosh pit playlist to the game.
In a shootout tournament, 16 teams will compete in a 2v2 shootout match in a single elimination tournament that progresses through four rounds. Earn rewards for winning matches, including emblems, calling cards, charms, and weapon blueprints. Competitors will also get an XP bonus for every match they win.
The Gun Fight Tournament is scheduled for a week ending on April 15th. New tournaments start every 5 minutes, so you don’t have to wait long to join.
Another new mode is Gunfight Blueprints. This is a 2v2 playlist where you can try out some of the new season 2 weapon blueprints. These matches will be played on some of the smallest Black Ops Cold War maps, including the new Mansion map.
The Throwback Moshpit playlist, on the other hand, contains team deathmatches, dominations, kills confirmed, and hardpoints.
This Black Ops Cold War update also includes a zombie mode fix. Fixed a bug in Dead Ops Arcade 3 where Gladiator enemies would fail to spawn. In addition, this patch fixes an issue where the gladiator ace could stay on the screen longer than necessary.
In addition, Treyarch reminded players that Double XP was available for the four-day Black Ops Cold War ending April 12. See the complete patch notes below, posted by Treyarch on its website.
Warzone, a battle royale game, has also recently welcomed three new playlists, so Black Ops Cold War isn’t the only one getting new playlists.
Black Ops Cold War April 8 Patch Note
- Double XP Weekend
- A 4-day Double XP is available for multiplayer, zombies, and league play until 10am PST on Monday, April 12th.
- In a 2v2 single elimination tournament, two 16 teams will collide and win exclusive rewards. Win and move on to the next round. You lose and you go out.
- Sign up for a tournament and play against 31 other players with similar skills.
- Each tournament is divided into four rounds: Qualifying, Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Tournament Finals.
- In each tournament, winning the bracket will introduce new exclusive perks. Initial tournament rewards include new emblems, calling cards, charms, and assault rifle weapon blueprints.
- XP is also awarded when a player wins each tournament and can be earned repeatedly each time he or she participates in a tournament.
- Each segment captured by the attacker adds 20 seconds to the game clock. No time is added after capturing a single zone.
- Overtime defense is now awarded to the team that captured the most zone segments in the previous round. If a tie breaker occurs, the team with the most kills will be given overtime defense.
- It also applies to league play CDL controls.
- Shootout tournament [NEW]
- Shootout blueprint [NEW]
- Slowback mosppit (also available in hardcore)
- Sniper only Mospit
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available on hardcore)
- Prop hunt
- Face off (also available in hardcore)
- Multi-team mosh pit
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where Gladiator enemies would not spawn under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator’s enemy axis would remain on the screen longer than intended.
- Firebase Z
- Dy machine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4 / PS5)
- Containment of onslaught (PS4 / PS5)
- Onslaught Nuke Town (PS4 / PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4 / PS5)