Wear a mask, wash your hands and disinfect your surroundings. This is the Covid-19 protocol adopted almost everywhere in the world to protect ourselves and those around us. Maintaining a social distance of 6 feet is essential to reducing the spread of the coronavirus. Over the past few months, we have witnessed many changes and vast numbers of innovations to protect ourselves. One such innovation is plexiglass, acrylic, or clear plastic products that are used as barriers between individuals.
Many companies and companies use partitions such as plexiglass to ensure safety. One of the most important questions that may come to our mind is how useful Plexiglas can help reduce the Covid-19 epidemic.
Plexiglas is a smooth, durable and durable sheet with excellent weather resistance. Due to its transparency and transparency, it is widely used in retail displays, shelves, equipment, pharmacy windows, medical stream triages and registration counters. Acrylic plastic is stronger than glass, can filter UV light, has improved environmental stability, is resistant to abrasion, scratches and crushing, and transmits about 92% of light.
The following are the benefits of using Plexiglas to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
● The plexiglass shield is non-perforated. This provides a sense of protection for both store customers and employees.
● These acrylic barriers prevent contamination by blocking the droplets that are emitted when talking, coughing or sneezing.
● It is functional and can be used in any public place to maintain social distance.
● Such physical barriers are recommended by the CDC and WHO, especially in controlling the spread of the virus in the workplace.
● These enforce distance protocols.
● These plexiglass barriers reduce the reliance on face masks and shields that are not readily available in some markets when they are in short supply.
However, plexiglass barrier buyers and consumers should also understand that risk cannot be completely reduced.
● Maintaining social distance with other protection protocols, such as washing hands and wearing a mask, is essential even after using Plexiglas.
● The barrier does not guarantee 100% protection from COVID-19.
● Not everyone can comfortably wear a barrier, as it blocks the flow of air and can be dangerous at the fire department.
Importance of Plexiglas for companies during COVID-19
The vast majority of companies in the world are struggling during this pandemic. Consumers are afraid to step into public places because they can get infected. Salons to retail stores, clinics to shopping markets, restaurants to clubs, etc. all want to reopen their businesses in compliance with the COVID-19 Safety Protocol and regain the trust of their customers, clients and visitors. I will.
On the other hand, in such an important scenario, installing a plexiglass barrier in or around the workplace and installing a public area is not only a creative solution, but also a practical solution. Fighting viruses is an effective strategy and at the same time instills in consumers the confidence that they are protected.
It is not possible for all workers to wear PPE kits while working, not only for practical reasons, but also due to their lack of availability to healthcare professionals and their key requirements. Therefore, the use of plexiglass in the workplace is not only functional and beneficial, but also beneficial to both businesses and consumers. Nevertheless, we all need to understand the right way to use these barriers. Read on to find out more about them.
What are the best practices for using Plexiglas?
Plexiglas barriers provide isolation between individuals in close proximity. It is essential to know the areas at high risk of coronavirus infection where the plexiglass barrier can be installed. These priorities should depend on factors such as placement, density, risk level, workplace type, visitor frequency, and route density.
High-risk areas where it is difficult to control the Covid-19 epidemic include:
● Bus and transportation shuttles.
● Food services such as restaurants, serving counters and cashiers.
● Kiosk, ticket center, and transportation desk.
● Information desk and reception center.
● Medical facilities, check-in areas, screening points.
● Cashier lane and a lot of points.
● Workplace library and private room.
● Check-out area for pharmacies and dining.
Five factors to keep in mind when installing a plexiglass barrier
1. When installing a partition, it is necessary to pay attention to the safety factor. Barriers should not interfere with people’s vision or movement.
2. The partition width should be user-friendly so that it can be viewed and spoken properly. The partition should be the same width as the desk, countertop, or surface. You should put stickers or signs on the barrier to let people know.
3. The dimensions of the plexiglass barrier should be larger than the user’s breathing zone. The height of the partition should be measured according to the height of the tall person. It should stand as a barrier from forehead to chest height.
4. Make sure there is an opening in the barrier where the product needs to be replaced. For example, you need a 4×10 inch opening to pass a document from one side to the other.
5. Once installed, it should be sterilized regularly to maintain a proper barrier.
The Plexiglas Barrier is designed to significantly reduce the Covid-19 epidemic and bring significant benefits. When properly designed and installed, it can prevent pollution and protect people. Nevertheless, even with the protection of Plexiglas, the signs of infection should not be overlooked. Although the chances are greatly reduced, anyone can be infected with Covid-19, regardless of top-notch security measures. If you experience any symptoms, get an examination immediately.
Request a reservation at Apollo Hospital
Call 1860-50-1066 to make a reservation