Sports

Conor McGregor plans to reorganize and look forward to “Big Hit Trilogy” vs. Dustin Poirier – MMA Sports

Rejuvenation at this time about a year ago Conor McGregor There was a big plan in the store following the quick termination of
Donald Cerrone With UFC 246.

But the active calendar for 2020 didn’t pay off for Irish stars. Since then, it has been a much darker atmosphere since he first appeared. Dustin Poirier Saturday night at the UFC257 headliner at Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi. Victory could have opened the door to many possibilities for the sport’s biggest stars. Instead, McGregor needs to understand how to rebound from perhaps the most damaging loss of his career to date.

“It’s a whole shebang, but I have no excuses here. It was Dustin’s incredible performance. I don’t know what to say,” McGregor said at a post-war press conference. “I’m going back. I’ll chill out. I’ll see the full fight and get a better grasp of it. My legs are in danger. I was in a little hurry and didn’t adjust. That’s it. It’s a bitter medicine to swallow. I don’t even know if I’m so upset. I don’t know what to say. “

The show was in stark contrast to McGregor’s first meeting with Poirier at UFC 178. McGregor came to his opponent’s mind before the fight and finished in less than two minutes in September 2014. When he landed an early takedown, he hit McGregor’s foot with a calf kick and punched into a compromised enemy to stop at the 2:32 mark in Round 2.

“My feet are completely dead,” McGregor admitted. “I felt like I was checking, but I was terribly compromised because I just sank in the muscles in front of my legs. It was just like American football in a suit at the time, so what’s that? Is it? “

McGregor continues to be the most famous figure in the sport, and unless he is willing to accept the fight, there should still be plenty of outstanding opportunities for SBG Ireland. The former two-division champion vowed to bounce off in the aftermath of his recent setbacks.

“I will certainly reorganize,” McGregor said. “I’m reorganizing. I’m going off the floor again. That’s it. Style fights. There are many great stylistic fights. I and Dustin are one-on-one. Me and Nate. [Diaz] It is one-to-one. There are many good matches for me. We take a different approach to the trilogy. … There are many more weapons that I couldn’t show. It wasn’t my night. It wasn’t a great night. Again, there is no excuse. Take off your hat. [I’ll] Reorganize and regain yourself. “

Earlier on Sunday, McGregor issued a statement on Instagram expressing similar sentiment. Once again, the trilogy with Poirier seemed to be at the forefront of his thinking.

“Thanks for your support! It wasn’t my night / morning, but it was a great contest to improve. I’m excited about the blockbuster trilogy I have now.” McGregor writes. “Dustin is a competitor’s hell and I look forward to going again. Raise your legs and spirit on your way home! God blesses all of us, Happy Sunday.”

His future outlook is uncertain, but McGregor still seems relatively bright. This may be a good sign for a relatively quick octagon return.

“I had to come here, do this fight here in the Middle East, and do a show for the people,” McGregor said. “I did my best. Sometimes things go wrong. Well, pick yourself up and keep going. I keep my head high because there are so many good things happening in my life. That’s it. Take a shot, take a lick, and just keep going. “


– MMA Sports

Conor McGregor plans to reorganize and look forward to “Big Hit Trilogy” vs. Dustin Poirier

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Conor-McGregor-Plans-to-Regroup-Looks-Forward-to-Blockbuster-Trilogy-vs-Dustin-Poirier-177320 Conor McGregor plans to reorganize and look forward to “Big Hit Trilogy” vs. Dustin Poirier

Back to top button