Developer CD Projekt Red has dropped a new update for Cyberpunk 2077 on PCs, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. It addresses that wealth of bugs and issues. Update 1.04, which hits the Xbox console “as soon as possible”, also fixes the quest system. Below is an overview of the complete patch notes.
It’s no secret that Cyberpunk 2077 has been plagued with problems since its launch on December 10. Some players even see the hero’s genitals through clothing. This particular issue is not mentioned in the patch notes, but Update 1.04 addresses various issues in Cyberpunk 2077. This includes stabilizing the game and resolving countless crashes.
Other fixes for Cyberpunk 2077 include reducing pop-ins in vehicle appearance, addressing missing NPC animations during filming, fixing weapon previews in progress, and “copyrighted”. Includes music invalidation toggle to remove copyrighted music. The latter feature did not work as intended after its release, so CD Projekt Red recommended that the streamer completely disable the Cyberpunk 2077 music to avoid the risk of DMCA violations.
Another major concern was about flashes that could cause seizures in epilepsy patients. According to the patch notes, CD Projekt Red says “[m]Adjusted the blinking effect on brain dance to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect is smoother and the frequency and magnitude of flashes are reduced. “
Cyberpunk 2077 quests have also been tweaked, and some quests, such as the A Like Supreme quest and the Freedom of the Press Gig, are optimized to allow players to complete or retrack them. There are other fixes implemented. For example, Jackie no longer rests in the Ripper Dock, the conversation with Johnny Silverhand begins as intended, and progress is unblocked when performing the I Fought The Law quest.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 Patch Note
- Gig: Fixed an issue in achieving the ultimate goal of press freedom.
- Fixed an issue when starting a conversation with Johnny at the end of wartime life.
- Fixed a rare issue where NPCs would no longer call V if the A Like Supreme quest was aborted prematurely.
- Fixed an issue where Nix would not default to Spellbound and KOLDMIRAGE.
- Fixed an issue that prevented I Fight The Law from progressing if the quest area remained.
- Fixed an issue where Epistrophy couldn’t find Delamain.
- Fixed an issue related to staying in the second phase of the quest when playing after the final, after finishing the Pacifica battle with Ozob.
- Fixed an issue where nomads would not exist if V left the quest area during combat. With a little help from My Friends / Highway Queen.
- Adjusted the mapping in MapTann Pèlen / I Walk the Line / Transmission to re-enable the quest tracker.
- Fixed restrictions on freedom to wake up and sit when violence does not meet either blueline condition.
- Fixed a time and space issue caused by leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Follow the River.
- Fixed an issue where conversations with Johnny wouldn’t start after leaving the Tapeworm Hotel.
- Fixed an issue where quests would be blocked if you left the quest area before climbing Follow the River Hill.
- Fixed an issue where the goal “Enter Booth 9” would not complete if you entered the room too quickly with automatic love.
- Fixed an issue with Jackie sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed preview of weapon making.
- The pop-in of the vehicle appearance has been reduced.
- Speeding up the switch from the first-person view of the vehicle to the third-person view.
- Fixed an issue where important quest NPCs were missing animations during cinematics.
Performance and stability
- Stability improvements, including various crash fixes.
- Changed the blinking effect on brain dance to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect is smoother and the frequency and magnitude of flashes are reduced.
- Removed copyrighted songs that were mistakenly present in the game with the “Disable copyrighted music” feature turned on.
- Switching the language to the default in the in-game settings now correctly sets the language for the Steam client.
- The reflection quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 has been improved to eliminate the effects of dirt.
- Fixed an issue where “The Wasteland” performance remained at 97% after completing all relevant missions on The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue where PT-BRVO could not be found on Xbox players in the Americas.
GameSpot may receive commissions from retail offers.