Now you’re probably pretty familiar NBA 2K21 Courtside Report Series And the depth of each report.While the previous offering covers First ever WNBAMy Player experience, This latest one introduces the next generation of multiplayer settings known as The City.
The City of NBA 2K21 is the most ambitious run of the virtual basketball community to date, with maps that are many times larger than the previous Neighborhood. In a nutshell, you can expect towering skyscrapers, vast squares, city centres, and a clear autonomous region managed by rival affiliations. For more information on The City on the Xbox Series X | S and PS5, it might be best to read a summary of what Visual Concepts executive producer Erick Boenisch says about it.
This is a city that you can see at a glance. Imagine a map that is many times larger than your previous neighborhood. Designed to resemble a modern metropolis, with towering skyscrapers, vast squares and city centre. Oh, it houses four different autonomous regions managed by four rival affiliations. And so I’m incredibly proud to announce that my affiliation is back!
Citi is the most ambitious run of the virtual basketball community … ever. The sheer volume and variety of buildings and basketball courts we were able to create and map still amazes me!
Let’s take a look at The City’s core components and their capabilities.
- Rookie building – The rookie building dock is right next to the waterfront on the south side of the city. Rookie Building sounds exactly like that.This is your place NBA 2K21 The city journey begins. MyPLAYER trying to dive into the city and everything it offers must first prove their skills among other rookie MyPLAYERs in this isolated basketball court cluster. When you meet the action you need in Rookie Building, the city gate opens in front of you.
- Autonomous region – Affiliation makes a long-awaited return NBA 2K21.. Each has its own space in the north, south, east and west sections of the city, which are called autonomous regions. Each autonomous region has its own atmosphere and collection of basketball courts, adorned with the Affiliation logo and colors. In addition, each affiliation area has its own warehouse basketball court with a new MyPLAYER progression feature awaiting.
- Event center – At the heart of The City is a brand new event center that shines like a bright beacon from any district. Equally bright and shiny, many different interiors of this futuristic monolith are lined with dynamic LED screens on the floor and walls of the court and lighting elements that change the tone and mood of the setting. All new and repeater events will be held within the Event Center, and special in-affiliation contests will also be held here.
- Garage hoop – Exploration is an important part of experiencing the city. Scattered around the city, there are basketball hoops on the sides of some buildings. If you look closely. If you happen to see it, pull out the basketball and shoot the hoop. From there, you have the option to launch 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, HORSE, and many other game types quickly and seamlessly.
- People in the city – Continuing the exploration theme, scattered throughout the city are NPCs that give exploration / purpose. If you’ve played RPG experiences before, it’s okay to find them. They will be people with colored exclamation marks overhead. Every 4-6 weeks, new quests / objectives are added to the People of the City, allowing you to do new things all year round.
- Gatorade training facility – MyPLAYER Physical Training Mecca literally transforms into multiple levels. The facility has now been expanded to the second floor, which is lined with regular training equipment to help MyPLAYER enhance its capabilities. On the second floor is the rental court, a great new feature of The City. Want to continue playing the game uninterrupted with your friends and other ballers you just met? Rent a court at the Gatorade Training Facility and play the game as you like!
- Special court – The city has two full size coats (one 4v4 and one 5v5). These are non-affiliated courts created by our team in honor of two things we are very passionate about. One of these courts was built to commemorate the late Kobe Bryant. The surface is beautifully textured with Kobe’s distinctive snakeskin design, and his numbers 8 and 24 show off-limits areas at both ends of the court.And overlooking the site is a huge mural Symbolic At the moment of Kobe, he celebrated his fifth NBA Championship and stood proudly at the scorer’s table.
- fireball – Holding a courtroom in the city will bring a prestigious atmosphere in the next generation version NBA 2K21.. Occasionally you’ll see fireballs on the court … yes, it’s literally a lit ball! If a team wins 10 games in a row on the Affiliation Court, the ball used in the game will immediately ignite and remain lit until they lose.
- Pink diamond plaza – One of my favorite basketball court designs for the next generation version NBA 2K21 Located above the Pink Diamond Plaza in the heart of the city. Pink Diamond Plaza hosts the entire MyTEAM Triple Threat Online experience with fluorescently lit and orchestrated music by a resident DJ.
- Apparel store – Your favorite stores in the old neighborhood are back, but the city is built with a wider range of apparel locations to express your style. Some of the closest brand partners will receive a dedicated space within the shop’s plaza. Nike, Jordan Brand, Adidas, Under Armor, Puma and all your favorites are in the city.
The city is big. However, the return of an affiliation can be as large, if not large.One of the most requested features from the last few years NBA 2K Community is affiliate-based gameplay. Not surprisingly, we are very excited to revive it in a meaningful way that provides the city with a competitive depth. This is something we’ve wanted to do for years, and the power of next-generation consoles finally gives us the opportunity to see through our vision.
The city has four affiliations.
Each has its own autonomous region and a series of courts in the city. If you win several games in Rookie Building and join Pro 1, you will be assigned to one of these four rival factions. If you do not land in your chosen affiliation, you can always go to the city hall of your affiliation and submit a transfer request. The penalty for changing affiliations is that the contact level will be reset to Pro 1 (the level at which you graduated from Rookieville).
So who runs The City? At the core of Affiliation’s gameplay is competition and competition. It’s us vs. them. Who will be the best? We designed this experience to be an ever-present struggle among knights, vipers, beasts and wildcats for the right to brag in the city. Here’s what works when you represent an affiliation:
- Player representative – There are advantages to playing on your own court. Specifically, you can only achieve full player contact by hitting the ball on the home court. Playing on the courts of rival affiliates will result in far fewer rep per game played. Leveling up and strengthening MyPLAYER is very important for the future …
- Rival Day Conquest – The last two weeks of every mayor’s term (more on this below!) Will feature the culmination of a series of events in which the affiliation operates the city. Rival Day Conquest is an important event that removes all reacquisition restrictions from the city and encourages you to invade all other districts with your teammates and control the courtroom. Pay attention to the leaderboards in each court area. At the end of the Rival Day Conquest, four affiliates will be ranked by score and seeded into the Rival Day Championship, the culmination of the season.
- Rival Day Championship – Performed at the Event Center, this puzzle is the final piece to make sure your affiliation is the true champion of the city. Take part in this great experience and play directly against teams from other affiliates.
The all-new dynamics we’re introducing as part of the city is … the mayor! Each affiliation is represented by the mayor. They will have a great impact on your daily experience in the city. So what are mayors and what do they do? And how are they elected?
The mayor’s responsibilities are as follows.
- Affiliation Video – The mayor will make various videos during his term and display them in-game on the Jumbotron in the court area.
- Custom playlist – The mayor can manage custom music playlists that are played only within their respective autonomous region / affiliation boundaries.
The mayor also interacts with its members through in-game voting and messaging. All of these are convenient because they are built directly into the city’s menu system.
Finally, let’s briefly talk about what happens to the mayor.For the launch of NBA 2K21, We manually selected the mayor’s first candidate (Spoilers: They will be some of the biggest names from the NBA 2K community; you know all of them!). These four big community influencers will be responsible for the mayoral program. But these positions are not permanent! Every 6 weeks, we hold an election week in the game. There, you, the community that represents your affiliation, have the final say on who will be the next mayor to represent the cause.
For more information on The City of NBA 2K21 by Erick Boenisch, please visit: Complete courtside report About it.And don’t forget, NBA 2K21 will be available on November 10th Xbox Series X | S Worldwide, it appeared on PlayStation 5 in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea on November 12, and was launched in all other regions on November 19.