In this episode, Tensar International Corporation’s product manager Andres F. Peralta, MSCE, MBA, and PE will be given a new, enhanced, free web-based software called Tensar + that enables engineers, contractors, and owners to design designs. Talk about. Solutions for a variety of applications.
Here are some of the questions I ask Andres:
- What is Tensar +? How was it developed?
- How is Tensar + different from other civil engineering design software?
- What feedback did the engineers give you about the software?
- What is the future of Tensar + and what are the benefits to engineers and engineering companies?
- What final advice would you like to give a young engineer when dealing with career uncertainty?
Here are some of the important points discussed here Designed solution design:
- Tensar’s solutions are backed by extensive research and extensive field experience. In short, putting Tensar’s design and solution into action improves performance and reliability. They have installed more than 1 billion square yards of geogrids around the world.
- Tensar + is a free web page design software tool that allows engineers to design different types of structures.
- Tensar + relies on complex methods to describe complex behavior between geogrids and soil particles. Not only is it a design tool, it is also an educational platform that provides on-demand training and tutorials for everyone to use. After completing the training, you will also receive Professional Development Time (PDH).
- Tensar +’s mission is to be the official learning hub for engineers. Engineers can learn to design geogrids, learn about the benefits geogrids bring to their designs, and be able to make better informed decisions.
- Do not stop learning or grow as a professional engineer.
Details of this episode …
About Guests: Andres F. Peralta, MSCE, MBA, PE
Andres is a Florida-registered professional engineer primarily responsible for the design of mechanically stabilized Earth (MSE) structures and geosynthetics of roads stabilized with paved and unpaved geogrids8. I have years of experience. He graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering and a Master’s degree in Business Administration. Andres has been with Tensar since he started as an intern in 2012 and has played multiple roles within the company, both technically and commercially. Andres lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is an active member of ASCE and Geo-Institute Miami-Dade Chapters.
About the host: Jared M. Green, PE, D.GEF.ASCE
Originally from southwestern Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Jared graduated from Syracuse University’s Faculty of Engineering in 2001 with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering. He then earned a master’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Illinois Urbana Campaign in 2002. In 2003, he started working at Langan’s New York City Hall. Since then, he has been Principal / Vice President and one of the owners of this international land development engineering consulting firm. 15 years later LanganJared has moved to an office in Philadelphia and is one of the practice leaders in geoengineering in that office.
Jared is a consultant and team leader who also enjoys teaching young engineers and first generation college students. He has been instrumental in increasing the number of pre-university students who are interested in STEAM’s majors and disciplines. He strives to make complex engineering topics relevant and easy to understand for those who are new to the field or who are completely new to engineering. Jared and his family currently live in Flemington, NJ. He and his wife have three energetic, curious and wonderful children. Can connect with Jared here..
Source / References:
When TenserYou can design and build with confidence because you can achieve a cost-effectively designed site solution. Our industry-leading geogrid technology and other innovative products solve the most difficult soil stabilization, soil reinforcement, and site development challenges. Through these innovations, our technology is backed by decades of research and proven performance, enabling us to create a more resilient future. From the start to the end of the project, we are not afraid to stain the boots. Wherever you are, you can rely on our international Tensar team and our network of sales partners to provide support and advice. Whether you’re building a road, retaining wall, railroad, or foundation, we’re a reliable partner. For more information on Tensar, please visit: www.tensarcorp.com..
PPI has helped engineers reach their licensing goals since 1975. Passing the FE and PE exams will open the door to career advancement and new opportunities. Get ready to pass your license exam by reviewing PPI’s wide range of preparation options, including live online courses, on-demand courses, and digital learning tools.Check out PPI today ppi2pass.com Review all options available to prepare for FE and PE exams.
Leave a comment or question in the section below regarding the design of the designed solution.
For your success
Jared M. Green, PE, D.GE, F.ASCE
Hosting the Geotechnical Engineering Podcast
Designing a designed solution for optimizing performance
https://engineeringmanagementinstitute.org/tgep-52-designing-engineered-solutions-to-optimize-performance/ Designing a designed solution for optimizing performance