Bungie has made many tweaks to Destiny 2’s Stasis capabilities in the March 16th game update. This should make Crucible players with a focus on PvP very happy (or very angry). Many stasis powers are weakened, such as the ubiquitous shutter dive ability and the strength of the Duskfield grenade.
A preview of the changes is outlined in this week’s Bungie blog post in Destiny 2. This blog post outlines how Bungie coordinates each of the three Stasis subclasses. The Hunter Shatterdive ability should lose damage resistance and help players fight very deadly movements. Warlock Stasis Super’s projectile tracking is improved, but the explosive power used to smash Stasis crystals does not do much damage. Titans also no longer freeze nearby PvP opponents when activating Super Abilities. There are many other changes to blog posts (all of which are listed below), but they usually only take effect in PvP play. Resting ability remains almost the same in PvE activities.
Since the release of the Beyond Light extension, static abilities have dominated Crucible, and many Destiny 2 players have been frustrated. There have been many complaints about new abilities, especially Shatterdive, which allows hunters to dive into the air and slam into the nearby Stasis Crystal. Those crystals are extremely deadly when exploding, and Shatterdive gives hunters a lot of damage resistance when performing moves, making them almost non-killable and putting all play at the center of their abilities. Prompted to.
Other complaints have been dealt with as well, such as the Duskfield grenade, which has magnetic properties that attract players. The magnetic force is so strong that Duskfield grenades are often used to remove players from the cover, leaving them unprotected. Therefore, Bungie is reducing the distance at which the magnetic force is effective.
The March 16th update will include a number of other tweaks and fixes, as well as the release of the Grandmaster level Nightfall: The Ordeal activity. These top-level nightfall strikes are some of the toughest things players can undertake, and this season they are carrying new loot rewards. Grandmaster Night Falls has the opportunity to drop the adept version of the three Night Falls guns introduced in the chosen season. These guns have very high stats-proficient guns have so far only been available to players who go perfectly in the trials of Osiris.
Grandmaster Nightfall requires the player’s minimum power level to be 1325-. This is over 15 gear power caps, so some crushing is required for players to power up seasonal artifacts. However, the player will be locked to 1325 for the activity. Being higher than that doesn’t help in Grandmaster Nightfalls, where enemies clock in at 1350 power.
Finally, Bungie said in a blog post that Osiris’s Trials will be reset and returned daily at 9am on Friday, March 12th. Due to a player issue, top-level PvP mode has been disabled over the last two weeks of the weekend. You can get the perfect run without actually fighting each other.
Check out the full patch note preview below.
March 16 patch Destiny 2 update preview
- Fallen Saber:
- Fixed an issue where strike bosses wouldn’t spawn until all players were alive.
- Improved objective waypoint behavior.
- Fixed a syntax error in player instruction text.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Walsat to lose visual effects again if a Fireteam member entered the area late.
- Fixed an issue where the Zavala dialog in the first area could be played multiple times.
- Fixed a bug where the dropped energy shield could be seen sticking out of the wall.
- Devil’s hideout:
- The Boss Health Bar has been added to Sepiks Prime.
- Fixed some floating environment objects.
- Fixed an issue where some monster spawn points would look like accessible doorways to the player.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Overlord Captain to spawn with the wrong name.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Fallen Walker and Fallen Brig to respawn after being defeated.
- Fixed an issue where players would get lost in the environment due to physics missing from the wall early in the strike.
- Fixed an issue that wasn’t triggered correctly in the Linear Actuators Exotic perk of Titan Exotic Dunemarchers. The perk works as expected and is triggered by each / subsequent melee attack after a reasonable sprint time.
- Font of Might no longer displays the common “damage boost” string when its benefits are active.
- Fixed a bug where the Mantle of Battle Harmony and Omnioculus Exotics weren’t displaying flavor text.
- Also, Omioculus no longer grants melee energy when it only hides itself in some situations.
- Falling Star Cuirass no longer grants overshield when used in supermarkets other than Thunder Crash.
- Fixed an issue where flavor text was not displayed on some seasonal weapons.
- Added a rumble at the end of the Dead Man’s Tale reload.
- Adjusted the Risk Runner Benefit VFX that was causing epilepsy problems.
- Arbalest’s aim assist has been reduced, making it crucible and harder to hit headshots.
- Set the Frenzy and Cranial Spike perks to use the correct buff icon.
- Fixed a missing killfeed icon in Ticuu’s Divination.
- After a few weeks of development and playtesting, there’s also a Stasis Balancing round scheduled for March 23rd.
March 16 patch stasis tuning preview
- Shutter dive
- Removed damage resistance from Shatterdive.
- Added a 4 second cooldown during Shatterdive activation.
- Withered blade
- Withering blade damage to players has been reduced from 90 to 65. PvE damage remains the same.
- The slow stack of withering blades applied to players has been reduced from 60 to 40 stacks. The PvE slow stack has not changed.
- After affecting the player, reduced the target acquisition range of the withering blade from 12m to 8m. Range remains unchanged after affecting PvE enemies.
- Glacier earthquake
- Removed AoE freeze for Supercast players. Freezes PvE enemies when casting.
- Damage resistance in supermarkets has been reduced from 60% to 50%.
- The energy cost of using Shiver Strike on Glacial Quake has been increased from 3% to 7% Super Energy.
- Using a Siburst-like combo for a heavy slam attack consumes the full super energy of both Siburst-like and slam (previously only slam energy was consumed).
- Shivering strike
- Shiver Striking Increases downward speed as the player slowly pulls out of the air.
- Wrath in winter
- Improved winter’s Wrath projectile tracking so that intensity decays from maximum in 10 seconds instead of 2.2 seconds.
- Warlock Super Projector Proximity Detonation Radius 1.5m – 1.65m Increased Size
- Proximity detonation now begins at its maximum and shrinks to 40% over time.
- Penumbra blast
- Penumbral blast damage to players has been reduced from 80 to 30. PvE damage remains the same.
- Ice flare bolt
- Fixed a bug where Iceflare Bolts would try to switch targets continuously.
- Ice flare bolt target acquisition range has been increased by 33%.
- Increased the rotation speed of the ice flare bolt so that it can attack nearby targets more effectively.
- Chaos reach
- Reduced the amount of Super Energy refunded when canceling Chaos Reach early.
- Duskfield grenade
- The Duskfield Grenade has reduced the strength with which it pulls the player inward, effectively reducing the pull range from 9.5m to about 6m. PvE pull impulses have not changed.
- Reduced the slow stack applied to players by grenade explosions from 20 stacks to 10 stacks. The slow detonation stack hasn’t changed for PvE.
- Reduced the slow stack applied to players on each grenade tick from 10 stacks to 5 stacks. The slow stack per tick has not changed for PvE.
- Adjusted the UI display for “Slowed” status to show the Slow stack as X / 100 instead of X / 10 for better readability when adding less than 10 Slow stack amounts.
- Stasis Crystal
- Reduced crystal crush damage to players from (up to 85, 55 minutes) to (up to 55, 25 minutes). PvE damage remains the same.
- Chain whisper
- The Whisper of Chain damage resistance bonus has been reduced from 25% to 5% while in the supermarket. Damage resistance does not change except in supermarkets. This only affects damage from other guardians.
- Whisper of pain
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Whisper of Torment to be activated continuously while the player was standing in the opponent’s barricade.
- Stasis Fragment Quest
- The objective completion value for all Crucible Fragment Quests has been significantly reduced.