Prior to the upcoming DIRT 5 2.00 update, Codemasters provided patch notes with wheel support details. This patch further improves vision and performance on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, as well as on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S.
- Wide selection of wheels supported by DIRT5 on each platform, including Thrustmaster, Logitech, and some Fanatec devices
- Further overall visual and performance improvements, including a visual update of the Xbox Series X “Prioritise Frame Rate” / 120hz mode
- Further improvements in FPS when using image quality mode on Xbox One and PS4
- Fixed an issue where the lights would flash during nighttime events
- PC: Further fixes for crash and boot issue reports
- If you select Amplified Edition Sponsor,[キャリア–スポンサー]Fixed an issue where the game would freeze on tabs
- Fixed a crash that occurred at the start of some career events for some players
- Added option to listen to previous podcast episodes from playlists
- Fixed a visual bug in Career Mode that would indicate that a player would get more stamps than the maximum amount after completing a slowdown
- Technical changes made to the matchmaking process.Lobby search time has been increased to increase the chances of finding a live lobby
- Friends lobby size increased to 8 people
- Fixed a crash that occurred when ending an active multiplayer event
- Fixed multiple bugs causing crashes and performance issues in split screen playback
- Low volume audio fix in split screen mode
- Leaderboard display adjusted to display faster target time
- Resolves the occurrence of objects available with the wrong event type
- Fully unlocked Amplified Edition qualification for Amplified Edition pre-order players
- PS5: Fixed an issue where trophies would not be unlocked. The trophies earned in this issue will be unlocked by the player upon completing one event.
- AI behaves even better, especially in large grid races
- Arizona-Fixed an instance of a car that accidentally triggers a truck reset at Merrick Butte’s location
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash in the post-race menu
- Sprint Cars: Changes to model handling have been made according to community feedback
- PS4 / PS5 Trophy image and text display correction
- General stability and quality of life improvements across platforms to improve the experience
Codemasters also provides wheel support details, including supported devices and customization options.
- Logitech’s latest devices such as G923 and G29 are supported
- The latest Thrustmaster wheels such as T150, T500, T80, T300RS and T-GT are also supported.
- Fanatec devices are not immediately supported on Sony versions of DIRT5.
- Most of the latest wheels, including the Logitech G923 and G920
- The Thrustmaster devices listed above, as well as the Ferrari 458 Spider Racing, TMX and TS-XW are also supported.
- Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel, ClubSport Wheel Base v2 / 2.5, and Podium Wheel Base DD1 / 2 are supported
- All the above wheels are fully supported
The options available for customizing the DIRT5 wheel experience are:
- Steering linearity
- Steering dead zone
- Steering saturation
- Throttle dead zone
- Throttle saturation
- Brake dead zone
- Brake saturation
- Vibration feedback (on / off)
- Self-aligning torque
- Wheel friction
- Tire friction
- Tire slip
- Engine feedback
- Collision feedback
- Steering center force enabled (on / off)
- Steering center force
Other than the upcoming release, the official release date for DIRT5 patch 2.00 has not yet arrived. We will update this post as soon as it is announced.