New patches for Xbox One and PC are available for those who purchased DIRT 5 Amplified Edition to play the game a few days ago. With the standard version of DIRT5 released tomorrow, these updates will be included during the installation. Check out the launch trailers and patch notes below.
- Further optimize general gameplay by reducing multiple general performance improvements overall, crashes, gameplay stutters, reduced instances of FPS
- Fixed a crash caused by signing out during a Gymkhana event
- Visual improvement in the effect of rain on the windshield when using the internal camera view
- Show reward screen modifications in post-race menu
- Photo mode: Minor fixes and optimizations
- Multiplayer: Kickplayer improvements in lobbies not ready for the event
- V-Sync has been added
- Added option to disable dynamic resolution
- Further improvements in online matchmaking and connectivity
- Further improved performance of split screen function
- Fixed an issue where Gymkhana events would not fire after the tutorial
- Fixed a crash when switching video quality settings
- Modify screen tearing instance
- Fixed an issue where audio was lost when using some audio output
- Overall general minor graphics, gameplay, and quality of life improvements, including improvements in GPU and CPU performance
DIRT 5 will be released on Xbox Series S / X on November 10th and on PlayStation 5 on November 12th. Current generation versions of players can be upgraded for free by switching to the next generation console.
Codemasters has also released details on the DIRT5 development process and core features for PlayStation 5. A new video interview with DIRT5 technical director David Springate also features a first look at PlayStation 5 gameplay.
In this video, Codemasters’ Cheshire studio focuses on how they prepared their first title on next-generation hardware, introducing the exclusive features of the PS5. This includes what players can expect from a DualSense wireless controller.