Suryan Namaste literally means Respect for the sun.. It’s a combination of 12 yoga asanas that perfectly synchronizes the body, mind, and soul. They are done as a set, depending on durability, 12, 15, 30 are done. Scientifically, Surya Namaskar has several advantages. Let’s take a closer look at them!
Benefits of Surya Namaste
- Stretch and flexibility: The 12 asanas that are part of the Suryan Namaste ensure that every part of the body is exercising. The flexibility that comes with it needs to be experienced in order to be believed. This is very beneficial for bones, joints and ligaments of the whole body and spine.
- Improves the function of internal organs: Various stretches increase blood flow to the organs and improve their function. As a result, digestive system and kidney function are improved, nutrient absorption from food is improved, and metabolic waste is completely eliminated. Detox occurs naturally, releasing trapped gas and improving enzyme secretion.
- Weight loss: One of the most proven ways to lose weight is to do Surya Namaskar daily. It’s a perfect workout that includes a perfect body and is great for losing weight around the abdomen. It has also been shown to improve the function of the thyroid gland, which plays an important role in metabolism.
- Bone health: Traditionally, it takes place early in the morning of sunrise to ensure that the body gets the amount of vitamin D it needs. This is essential for bone health.
- Stress Buster: Stress relief can occur in multiple ways. Deeply focused breathing is one of them. Respiratory control is so important while performing asanas that stress control is guaranteed. Various muscles and bones become tense due to stress, and thorough stretching helps relieve the accumulation of stress. It keeps you calm during training, which further enhances stress relief.
- Relief from insomnia: Those who cannot sleep should do Surya Namaste on a regular basis. Both stress relief and perfect training ensure a good night’s sleep.
- Useful for the menstrual cycle: Women who have seizures during the menstrual cycle have shown very good improvements with the inclusion of this exercise. It has also been shown to be effective for menstrual irregularities by improving blood circulation. Pregnant women running Surya Namaskar are more likely to have a normal childbirth.
- Shining skin: With the release of toxins and stress, shiny skin is a natural event!
We hope that these eight benefits of Surya Namaskar will encourage you to make it a part of your daily routine. For more information on how yoga can help you lead a healthy and fulfilling life, check out Healthy Reads or subscribe to personalized health coaching here and ask your GOQii coach: https: // goqiiapp.page.link/bsr