- Brazil, Argentina and Ecuador have made an impressive start in South America
- Syria is flying in Asia as some big names are struggling
- Cameroon and Côte d’Ivoire belong to the group of death in Africa
The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 ™ qualifying campaign faced many organizational challenges in 2020. However, with ongoing actions in South America and a lottery by UEFA, CAF and CONCACAF, the road to the Global Final has begun to take shape in all coalitions. FIFA.com is investigating the status of play in each region.
This year started with a draw in the second round of qualifying. The round was attended by 14 winners from the first round and 26 top teams from Africa. FIFA / Coca-Cola World Ranking..
Those first winners were included Guinea-BissauIn a home and away contest with Sao Tome and Principe, he finally overcame the first obstacle and made history.How about Djibouti, They saw off Eswatini and sealed only the second spot in Round 2 by avoiding away defeats for the first time in the seventh World Cup qualifying.Elsewhere, Emilio Nsue set a decisive goal and made a name for himself. Equatorial Guinea, Gerald Phili Malawi 18-year-old Ashley Williams saves spot kicks in extra time LiberiaFollowing a 3-1 victory at home, he suffered a 1-0 defeat in Sierra Leone.
The remaining 40 candidates are currently divided into 10 groups. The winner of a group of 10 will advance to the third round, where they will be paired in a five home and away relationship. These five Thai winners qualify for Qatar 2022.
Reign of the African champion Algeria It looks like a clear favorite for Group A, but the big names are guaranteed to miss the finals that follow. Cameroon And Cote d’Ivoire Both were drawn in Group D. This is the same story in Group G, at least one is drawn in Group D. Ghana Or South Africa It is destined to see the world showcases from afar.How about Senegal And their star forward, Sadio Mané, is the African Player of the Year in 2019 and aims to appreciate his talent. Congo, Namibia And former World Cup participants Togo..
The second round of qualifying has already passed the mid-stage of 40 teams divided into 8 groups.So far, the big names on the continent Australia And Japan Little shocked by claiming the perfect record from their four games, Syria Even better results were obtained by winning 5 games in 5 games.
Familiar face in the World Cup final, Saudi Arabia And South Korea Both remain in place, but have turned out to be more difficult to progress.Green Falcons are now behind the point Uzbekistan But while proud of the game in hand, Daegu Warrior needs to roll up his sleeves to keep pace with the amazing Group H leader. Turkmenistan..The situation looks more tricky IR Iran, The third lowest in Group C, with little room for error.
The winners of the eight groups and the four best runners will advance to the third round and be drawn into two groups of six teams. The top two in each section will secure tickets for Qatar 2022, and the two teams in third will meet in the playoffs to determine who will represent Asia in the intercontinental playoffs.
After four games, it’s hard to come to a firm conclusion, but there are still some obvious trends.The top of the list is BrazilTheir dominant start was their defense only twice, while scoring 12 goals at the other end, thanks to four victories from four outings. And this is despite Tight’s need to deal with the injuries of Neymar, Gabriel Jesus and Coutinho. Celesao He is currently undefeated in the last 21 World Cup qualifiers and plans to extend his record of appearing in all 21 editions of the final tournament.
Argentina It wasn’t too late after scoring 3 wins and 1 draw, shipping only 2 goals, at the same level as Brazil, which is the most difficult to violate on the continent. Their campaigns so far have similarly emphasized Lautaro Martinez’s talent in advance, which could help Lionel Scaloni reduce his dependence on Lionel Messi.
The third place in the table belongs to EcuadorMeanwhile, a surprise dark horse recovered from losing to Argentina 1-0 in Gustavo Alfaro’s first match.Since then he has transformed Latri He rushed into the goal-scoring machine, defeating Uruguay 4-2, losing to Colombia 6-1 and winning his first victory in Bolivia since 2009. But in Ecuador, Russia 2018 Before finally running out.
Best of the rest:
- After the 4th and 3rd draws and wins, he is still undefeated. Paraguay We benefit from Angel Romero’s scoring ability and the aggregation of four strikes.
- Luis Suarez Uruguay He also helped himself in the goal quartet by notching each from the penalty spots. La Celeste I finished 5th with 2 wins and 2 losses.
- After returning to the final in 2018 Peru I hope to repeat this experience in 2022. Ricardo Gareca’s men are fighting in their hands, but have only scored one point since the first four games.
- Columbia Carlos Queiroz became the first unemployed coach in South America qualifying as Uruguay lost 3-0 and Ecuador turned 6-1.
- Despite the transition period, Reinaldo Rueda’s Chile Six goals have been shared between Arturo Vidal (4) and Alexis Sanchez (2) and are still moving forward by veteran players.
- Dream of Venezuela It is finally stripping the label that it is the only CONMEBOL country that can compete in the World Cup finals. Hope for some members of the team that won second place in the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup Rabino tint He won his first victory in the fourth game.
- Bolivia There were few illusions about their chances and they qualified, but at least they wanted to focus on home advantage. Unfortunately, La Verde Losing both games in La Paz and supporting the table.
North, Central America, Caribbean
Qualifying hasn’t started in earnest yet, but the first round draw took place in August. Based on the July 2020 FIFA / Coca-Cola World Rankings, CONCACAF’s bottom 30 teams have been divided into six different groups.
The winners of the six groups will face off in three pre-determined home and away relationships. And the winners of these tournaments will be in the third round with the top five CONCACAF teams in the same FIFA rankings (Costa Rica, USA, Honduras). , Jamaica and Mexico). These eight teams will play home and away in a round-robin format, with the top three qualifying for Qatar 2022 and the fourth-placed team challenging the intercontinental playoffs.
Qualifying has not started in Europe as well. In Europe, the lottery on December 7 showed the way ahead.
The 10 group winners will automatically qualify for Qatar 2022 and the 10 runners-up will participate in the playoffs. The playoffs also include two best group winners who have not yet qualified for the 2020/21 UEFA Nations League finals or play. -off. These 12 teams will be split into three qualifying passes, with knockout ties deciding the remaining three European teams to reach the World Cup.
There were also no qualifying matches among the 11 member associations of American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga and Vanuatu. The topside of the region after qualifying challenges the intercontinental playoffs.
– Soccer Sports
FIFA World Cup 2022 ™-News-Qatar 2022 Qualifying: Play Status
https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/qatar-2022-qualifying-the-state-of-play FIFA World Cup 2022 ™-News-Qatar 2022 Qualifying: Play Status