The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and well-established board of its kind in the video gaming industry.
This is just one of many positions currently being promoted.
Location: Espoo, Finland
Remedy Entertainment, creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake®, and DeathRally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios, is looking for a development manager to play a key role in working on Remedy. I will. project.
Do you enjoy prioritizing tasks, solving problems, balancing deadlines, assessing risks, and communicating with a large number of stakeholders? If yes, you may want to read more.
The dynamic and multifaceted role of the development manager provides a great opportunity to influence the growing external development team (XDev). The XDev team plays a key role in the successful production of Remedy’s future games, and you can take part in that journey.
Development managers help manage the scope of individual XDev internal projects to ensure that all needs are met on time and on budget, helping the XDev team manage their day-to-day operations. The development manager is the administrator of the project schedule, helping internal teams move from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication.
- Supports and manages XDev internal task planning
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals
- Providing transparency for Xdev and project leadership-reporting development speed and staffing risks
- Helps create new processes, evaluate existing processes, and evolve processes to support your team
- Prioritize tasks, identify dependencies, assess risk, remove blockers, balance business needs and technical constraints, and send weekly status reports as needed
- Track and implement project improvement plans to drive team efficiency and quality improvements
- Prioritize and resolve problems through creative problem-solving skills, and recognize and balance priorities that eliminate the root cause of problems
- Identify all risks and problems, mitigate them, and drive towards resolution
- Make sure all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and people are educated about their expectations for workflow.
Requirements and qualifications
- Over 3 years of project management at AAA Studio
- Knowledge and experience using toolkits with deep development methodologies, and experience adapting to new situations
- Effective communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Strong bargaining skills that combine patience and goal orientation to meet complex culture, technology and product requirements
- Ability to learn quickly and retain high levels of detail
- Work experience with an external team is considered an asset
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
What is included for you?
- Best of all, in a studio where your feedback is appreciated, you can work on amazing, unique video games that are of interest to viewers around the world. We do our best to keep the team size and workload right, so your contribution feels worthwhile.
- This position is based in the Helsinki metropolitan area of Finland, where quality of life is exceptional and living costs are affordable. If you are not in Finland yet, our relocation service is at every stage to take care of you. You can focus on your work, but we do everything else.
- The bonus system provides competitive rewards.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work-life balance. Happy people work better. Finland has up to 5 weeks of paid leave each year. This happens in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
be interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just getting started, looking for something new, or just looking at what’s there, the Gamasutra Job Board is a place for game developers to move their careers forward.
Gamasutra’s JobBoard is the most diverse, most active and most established board in the video gaming industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Let’s start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post your job here.