The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and well-established board of its kind in the video gaming industry.
This is just one of many positions currently being promoted.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
DNABLOCK is currently looking for senior Unreal developers. We are looking for energetic, experienced and creative team members to develop cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology.
The ideal candidate has experience working in an interdisciplinary team. Candidates need to have a solid technical foundation, such as strong 3D rendering and problem-solving skills. Candidates are expected to be voluntary and proactive in identifying risks and deciding on solutions. They should be passionate about adding extra polish to make our platform stand out.
DNABLOCK is a SoftBank-funded LA-based technology company aimed at democratizing 3D animations for content creators. Our platform and REPLIKANT ™ animation engine allow non-technical content creators to generate bespoke, high-quality digital creatures without exorbitant post-production costs or specialized 3D programming knowledge.
- Implement, debug, and optimize major systems in Unreal Engine Blueprints, C / C ++, and other languages in the context of a large cross-platform code base.
- Pioneering development of innovative gameplay experiences
- Contributes to and maintains the structural integrity of Unreal code architecture and technical design
- Creation of specifications and judgment of feasibility of operation
- Implement UE plugins, features, and applications
- Perform data and code analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Providing mentorship to inexperienced engineers
- At least 3 years of industry experience in game engineering or similar positions
- Solid coding experience as a UE engineer with over 3 years of professional Unreal Engine experience
- Multiple shipped game titles
- C / C ++ and Unreal Blueprint Proficiency
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python and LUA
- Advanced Optimization Skills-Code and Data
- Advanced Debugging Skills-Comfortable debugging of optimized builds in multithreaded and cross-platform (networking) contexts
- Solid math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
- Knowledge of the game and understanding of 3D real-time apps and the design principles behind the game
- Collaborate with other engineers and non-technical team members
- Ability to work well in a fluid and changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games
- Autonomy, sense of responsibility, attention to detail
- Proficiency of oral and written communication of technical concepts in English
- Reliable ability to manage production time and meet deadlines.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Advanced programming specialties such as low-level network programming, high-level shader language (HLSL), and SSE assembly
- Expertise and passion in one or more areas such as AI, user interface, animation, general gameplay, rigging and more.
- Previously shipped AAA titles
be interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just getting started, looking for something new, or just looking at what’s there, the Gamasutra Job Board is a place for game developers to move their careers forward.
Gamasutra’s JobBoard is the most diverse, most active and most established board of directors in the video gaming industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Let’s start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post your job here.