The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and well-established board of its kind in the video gaming industry.
This is just one of many positions currently being promoted.
Location: Austin, Texas
We are currently working on an unreleased PC / console title with a new original IP and need a gameplay programmer to make it happen. If you enjoy working with a concentrated group of experienced, talented and passionate game developers, Airship is the place for you.
- Gather requirements based on the opinions of stakeholders
- We will provide you with a reasonable time estimate and will contact you when adjustments are needed
- Collaborate repeatedly with designers, artists and other team members to provide sophisticated gameplay
- Create internal tools as needed to improve and support your workflow
- Providing clean, efficient and well-documented code
- Debug without fear of difficult problems and relentlessly
- Experience with commercial game titles
- Working experience with Unreal4
- Experience creating networked gameplay code
- Solid knowledge and experience using C ++
- Motivated and voluntary; complete tasks without rigorous supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proof of qualification to work in the United States
- Familiar with Unreal’s gameplay capabilities system
- Work experience in live service games
- Python experience
- Multiplayer programming experience with Unreal 4
- Console development experience
- Complete health benefits including medical, dental and visual
- Profit sharing
- Generous PTO
- 401k plan
- Relocation package
In addition (without a pandemic) …
- Office movie lunch
- Snacks Snacks Snacks Snacks
- Custom-made board game table that dominates the world
- MAME cabinet
How it works
We remove as many barriers as possible between you and productivity. Talk frequently with your leads and teammates and encourage them to be self-reliant and voluntary in the hope that they will maintain coordination with everyone.
Focused project management
It is not managed just by managing it. We are building systems and processes that are useful but unobtrusive. If someone wants a status update, it’s probably because they’re working with you on what they’re looking for or planning to use it.
Small team environment
The size is relative (especially in today’s development world), but it’s all about direct interaction with teammates, experimenting with ideas, and easing bureaucracy.
The average is never our goal. We strive to put a special source in each game we create, which forms the core of our identity. It also drives us to evolution. We grow together as we strive to be better together.
Respect for each other
We respect employees’ time and extraordinary efforts by providing generous PTOs, profit sharing, WFH days (even before the pandemic), and an understanding of the personal situation. Making a great game often takes a lot of time. We aim to give you a lot of rewards by promising to share success with your team.
Making something “fun” is subjective in nature and cannot be achieved without disagreement. We value being open, honest and friendly. Respect creates communication, and good communication means a good game. Airships aren’t for you, good or bad, unless you’re familiar with them.
Help us build it
We are still trying to reach our goals, and probably always. We are looking for thoughtful and creative people to help move the goalpost.
Due to the large number of applicants, it is not possible to reply individually. Only contact candidates who are considering a position. Thank you very much!
be interested? Apply now!
Whether you’re just getting started, looking for something new, or just looking at what’s there, the Gamasutra Job Board is a place for game developers to move their careers forward.
Gamasutra’s JobBoard is the most diverse, most active and most established board of directors in the video gaming industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Let’s start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post your job here.