The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and well-established board of its kind in the video gaming industry.
This is just one of many positions currently being promoted.
Location: Culver City, CA
We are looking for a very talented senior gameplay engineer for our current and future projects in our growing studio!
Join our team and help develop enemy actions, NPC interactions, character combat and traversal control, encounters with big bosses and more! The experience of these core moments is the foundation of our game and is crucial in helping you build an incredible world with our award-winning team.
- Design, develop and maintain Unreal Engine gameplay systems and features primarily written in C ++
- Test, own, operate and support developed systems and features, including documentation
- Work closely with designers, art, and other members of the team to provide technical expertise and inform decision making while further developing and improving features.
Your qualifications + skills
- Over 5 years of experience in game development
- C / C ++ Programming Language Experts and Extensive Knowledge
- Expertise in Unreal Engine 4 features, blueprint systems, and codebases
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Visual Studio experience
- Voluntary yet strong communication skills
- Ability to create reliable, optimized, parseable code
- Ability to express gameplay ideas and quickly prototype
- You can send and receive constructive feedback about your design. When it comes to in-house conversations about gameplay, it’s so open and straightforward that strong communication skills are essential.
- Ability to creatively overcome complex gameplay and system problems with innovative solutions
- You can work independently, keep working and motivate
- Excited to work with an agile and flexible team and participate in key decisions
- Familiarity with Maya is a plus
- After a long-term pandemic: Ideally located in Los Angeles or wanting to relocate
Heart Machine Offer *
- Competitive payment with bonus structure
- Medical, dental, and vision range
- Paid leave, holidays, sick leave with timing flexibility
- Paid childcare leave
- Workplace flexibility
be interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just getting started, looking for something new, or just looking at what’s there, the Gamasutra Job Board is a place for game developers to move their careers forward.
Gamasutra’s JobBoard is the most diverse, most active and most established board of directors in the video gaming industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Let’s start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post your job here.