The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and well-established board of its kind in the video gaming industry.
This is just one of many positions currently being promoted.
Location: Carlsbad, California
Great games start with great people! This is an important time in our history and one of the most exciting times to join us. We are looking for imaginative, skillful and versatile senior environmental artists to build a culture of collaboration and join the team in Carlsbad, CA. If you share your passion for developing a breakthrough world and player experience, this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
- Work with art directors and teams to establish the iconic look of our world within the challenging parameters set in the game designer.
- Work with technical artistss Establish an efficient environmental content pipeline and identify potential needs and tools needed to streamline the creation of environmental assets as much as possible.
- Work with your team Level designers, artists and writers for developing levels from prototype to completion.
- Hold down the key and work within your budget Milestone on time
- Troubleshooting technical and artistic issues Maintain awareness of level performance during development..
- Effectively communicate with team members, production and managers to ensure that project goals are defined and achieved.
- Create visually appealing, atmospheric, effective and efficient 3D models of natural and architectural environments with powerful drawing, textured and lighting skills, and a good sense of spatial relationships and structural logic. To do.
- Over 6 years of experience creating high quality 3D architectures, environments and levels for AAA games.
- Ability to show and execute multiple art styles.
- A basic understanding of shaders. Priority is given to those who are good at materials. Creation, lighting solutions, and environmental impact.
- You can effectively receive, provide, and apply feedback.
- Very familiar with Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Zbrush.
- 2+ AAA games shipped (FPS, RPG, RTS, etc.)
- He has experience with Unreal Engine and has spent a considerable amount of time as an “editor”.
- You are passionate about games.
- You are proud of everything you do.
- You have a positive and contagious attitude.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Focus on your personal contribution to the project in this portfolio. Include a breakdown of the shots that specify what you created directly.
- The foundation of traditional art with the ability to conceive ideas.
- Additional experience in lighting, VFX, design and more.
- Excellent visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling and texturing.
- Architectural or cinematographic experience
High Moon Studio
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio. Call of Duty® Franchise, past development of over 15 titles including: Duty Modern Warfare Call, Bungee Destiny 2: Abandoned, And Transformers: The Collapse of Cybertron.. It employs more than 100 people in Carlsbad, California, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is the experience we have successfully created for our people and our fans. High Moon’s talent is made up of talented entertainment and technology experts responsible for some of the most successful games to date. Award-winning developers, published artists and specialists are recognized as one of the best artists in their respective fields. Our studios have a history of using innovative technologies designed to improve productivity and product quality, which improves the quality of life in the studio.
be interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just getting started, looking for something new, or just looking at what’s there, the Gamasutra Job Board is a place for game developers to move their careers forward.
Gamasutra’s JobBoard is the most diverse, most active and most established board in the video gaming industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Let’s start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post your job here.