The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and well-established board of its kind in the video gaming industry.
This is just one of many positions currently being promoted.
Location: Espoo, Finland
Remedy Entertainment, creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and DeathRally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios, is an exciting new online multiplayer UI designer (F2P /). I’m looking for GaaS). game.
Passionate about F2P / Games as a Service, take ownership of multiple gameplay systems, drive them from concept to final implementation at production level, final quality in the hands of passionate players If you prefer to take responsibility for this job, you!
- Design, prototype, and script core gameplay UIs, HUDs, and game menus under the direction of lead designers and game directors.
- Responsible for key systems and drive them from concept to full implementation and sophistication
- Work with other content disciplines to ensure that the feature includes the various feedback systems needed to clarify in-game causes and consequences to the player.
- Create both high-level system overviews and technical specifications to share ideas with other team members
- Plan your work so that features are delivered on time and with exceptional levels of quality
- Helps define the visual style of the game UI and create sophisticated visual assets
Requirements and qualifications
- With solid experience as a UI designer, at least two projects shipped to a PC and / or console in a UI designer or similar position
- Familiarity with UI design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in using scripting languages
- Ability to implement UI widgets and features in Unreal or similar game engines
- A powerful portfolio of design projects
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from leads, publishers, and other team members and drive it to product improvements
- Dedicated to contributing to a friendly team environment
- Amazing ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with game production pipelines and tools
- Prototyping experience (eg Unreal / Unity)
- Motion design and / or animation experience
- Interest and understanding of F2P / GaaS: You are an avid player of F2P / Gaas games
- Experience using agile development methods (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Interest in cognitive science and human behavior
- Interest or background in visual design
What is included for you?
- Yes, you can move to Finland where the quality of life is extraordinary and the cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be scary, but our relocation service is at every stage of how you care.You can focus on your work while we take care of everything else
- The bonus system provides competitive rewards
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work-life balance. Happy people work better. Finland has up to 5 weeks of paid leave each year.This is in addition to holidays and other special occasions
- Best of all, in a studio where your opinion is appreciated, you can work on amazing, unique video games that are of interest to viewers around the world.We feel your contribution is worth it as we are doing our best to keep the team size and workload wise
ApplyPlease fill out the application form with your resume, portfolio and other position related information.
be interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just getting started, looking for something new, or just looking at what’s there, the Gamasutra Job Board is a place for game developers to move their careers forward.
Gamasutra’s JobBoard is the most diverse, most active and most established board in the video gaming industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Let’s start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post your job here.