Are you anxious for a simple meal, making sure that what you eat is healthy? As always, potato tickies are your best choice, but add a protein twist to this basic recipe. Learn how to make delicious sweet potato and chickpea ticks. If you try this recipe, you can’t go back!
- Boiled chickpeas – 1 cup (soak for 8 hours and then pressure cooker)
- Sweet potato – 1 medium size
- Carrot – 1 medium (grated)
- Coriander – 1 cup finely chopped
- Flaxseed powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chilly – finely chopped one
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt if you like
- Oil for baking ticks
How to prepare
- Strain the boiled chickpeas to remove excess water and mix with a blender. Must be a dry, coarse paste.
- In a mixing bowl, grate the sweet potatoes and add the chickpea paste with the grated carrots, flaxseed powder and coriander. Mix gently.
- Add spices, green pepper, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt and chili powder. Mix well with your hands.
- Apply oil to the palm of your hand to make a small flat tick.
- Oil the pan and bake the tick. When it turns golden and one side is crispy, turn it over and cook until golden.
- The sweet potato and chickpea ticks are ready! Enjoy them with a tofu dip.
Note: Instead of the traditional aloo tikki, you can use these tikki to make your burger healthy.
Highlights of sweet potato and chickpea tickies
- It’s a protein-rich snack that’s perfect for you because it gives you a feeling of fullness, taste, and plenty of nutrition.
- Sweet potatoes are the driving force behind many nutrients such as B vitamins, vitamin C, calcium, iron and selenium.
- Chickpeas are rich in fiber, phytochemicals, folic acid, and protein, which helps maintain a healthy lipid profile.
Enjoy this sweet potato and chickpea recipe. Give it a try and leave feedback in the comments below.Check out for healthier recipes Healthy reading Or pay attention to the cooking session above GOQii Play..
Healthy eating and #BeTheForce