Dr. Ramakanto Benbud, Cosmetic Surgery / Plastic Surgery
The eye is an important aspect that enhances a person’s beauty. If you live in a depression under your eyes, you may want to get a fix as it ruins your outlook.
The depression under the eyes is the opposite of swelling of the eyes. This problem is less noticeable for people with a plump face, but it is obvious if they happen to have a thin face. The cause of the depression under the eyes is due to a lack of fat in the area of the eyes. This can be caused by hereditary problems, sudden weight loss, or simply aging. You can choose either surgical or non-surgical options, depending on what your cosmetic surgeon suggests for your case.
1) Filler: Hyaluronic acid filler treatment is the easiest way to deal with the depressions under the eyes if you don’t want to go surgical. Fillers are used by injection to fill in defective areas of the eye, followed by treatment procedures on the surface of the skin so that the skin looks richer under the eyes.
The disadvantage of the procedure is that it is not a permanent solution and requires multiple steps over time to maintain the effectiveness of the treatment. The effectiveness of this method varies from person to person.
2) Chemical peeling: Chemical peels are often used in combination with the treatment of bears or alone. It is effective in treating dark circles due to both the effects of skin pigment irregularities and wrinkles.
1) Autologous fat transplantation: When it comes to treating depressions under the eyes, it’s a method of choice. This is a safe and effective procedure and is recommended by cosmetic surgeons if a long-term solution is needed. The procedure involves using liposuction to move adipose tissue from other parts of the body and place it under the eyelids. It is effective on the skin under the eyelids. This procedure has no side effects. The procedure usually takes 1-3 hours to complete, and any internal swelling that develops will resolve itself within a few weeks. It will take several months for the results to be displayed. It is advisable to take post-operative and pre-operative images to assess the changes.
2) PRP or platelet-rich plasma therapy: PRP injections improve the appearance by creating new tissue in the area with growth factors, resulting in a better appearance. We also use PRP mainly for facial rejuvenation, vampire face lift, facial wrinkles, anti-aging, acne scar rejuvenation, burns and traumatic scars. PRP injections are used in 4 sessions at 1-month intervals. The biggest advantage of using PRP is that it is natural, so there are no side effects, no pain, and it can be done quickly.
3) Lower blepharoplasty: This can be used to improve the dark circles associated with the shadowing effect from overhead lighting. Talk to your plastic surgeon to find the one that works best for you, with this brief insight into the steps available.