Latest Nintendo Switch Software Update, Version 11.0.0, Transfer screenshots and gameplay videos to your smartphone or PC will be much easier.The new method is much better than non-intuitive Post-to-social-media-then-delete workaround Has been forced to use the console since its launch, or is equally burdensome “locate A A microSD card reader in a messy desk drawer “ approach.
How to send a screenshot of Switch to your smartphone
This first method, though very Nintendo’s method, sends the file directly to your smartphone via wifi.Nintendo limits transfers to 10 screenshots or 1 video at a time and must be used two QR code every time you send a file. Completing a large batch transfer can be a hassle, but it’s better than posting four screenshots unnaturally to a public Twitter feed and saving them, and deleting the tweet each time you save the screenshot.
Annoyingly, the switch disables the screen grab feature while using the transfer tool, so I can’t give you a concrete picture of what the new menu will look like, but the procedure is simple.
- choose “album” Icon from the home screen of the switch.
- On the album screen, highlight the screenshot or video and press the A button “Sharing and editing” menu.
- You will be asked how to share the screenshot.select “Please send it to your smartphone.”
- select “only this” Send only one screenshot, or “Send batch” Select and send up to 10 screenshots.
- The QR code will be displayed on the switch screen. Scan with the camera app on your smartphone. Both devices sync via wifi.
- The second QR code will be displayed. Scan this and send the selected file to your mobile phone.
- Wait for the download page to open in the browsing app on your mobile phone. This may take some time, but the file will be downloaded automatically when it is ready.
- Push “the end” Close the shared tool on the switch.
- Repeat for all screens and videos you want to transfer.
Note: Do not put your smartphone screen lock or switch into sleep mode. The connection is interrupted and you have to start over. (I learned this in a difficult way.)
How to copy Switch screenshot to PC
Sending Switch screenshots to your smartphone can be a hassle, especially compared to the simplicity of the Xbox and PlayStation sharing features. Fortunately, you can also copy screenshots and gameplay records from Switch to your PC without any transfer restrictions.
- Connect the switch to your PC via USB-C (the USB-C cable on the charging dock works perfectly).
- Open the switch system settings and go to Data management> Screenshot and video management.
- Scroll down to select “Copy to computer via USB” Then wait for the computer to recognize the console.
- For PC, open File Explorer and Nintendo Switch> Album.. Copy and paste the file you want to transfer.
- When you’re done, select “Disconnect” On the switch screen.
Whether you use the USB method or the wifi method, the transferred files are not automatically deleted from the switch. If you want to offload an image from Switch Album to free system memory, you must copy the file to another device and then manually delete the file using the console’s data management menu.