The Xbox Series X and Series S will be available this week, marking a major upgrade from the new and previous generations. But this brave new era shows a more ambiguous line than previous console generations, thanks to a wealth of next-generation upgrades and backward compatibility. You will want to move the progress of the game forward. In other words, it means to transfer the save data. You have several options to do this.
Cloud save import
Much easier is to use Microsoft’s cloud saves. All this is done automatically and the saved data is associated with your Xbox Live profile. The cloud save feature does not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription. As long as you have an Xbox Live profile, your saves will be automatically uploaded to the cloud. This means that when you sign in to your Xbox Series X or Series S using your existing profile, your cloud save will be downloaded and you’ll be able to resume where you left off.
If you’re having trouble signing in but can’t wait to start playing, you can still manually transfer your save data.
Alternative 1: Wi-Fi transfer
With a trusted wifi connection, you can transfer data directly over your network. This applies not only to saved games, but to the entire installed game, so you don’t have to re-download the game from the Xbox store. To transfer your stored data and everything else, follow these steps:
- Make sure both Xbox One and Xbox Series X are turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- For Xbox One: [設定]>[システム]>[バックアップと転送]>[ネットワーク転送を許可する]..
- For Xbox Series X / S: Settings> System> Backup and Transfer.
- For Xbox Series X / S: Select Xbox One from “Local Console”
- For Xbox Series X / S: Select the installed game, save the data to transfer,[コピー]Choose.
Alternative 2: Use an external drive
If you have an external hard drive, you can use it instead to transfer your installed and saved game data. This method does not require both consoles to be turned on at the same time and does not necessarily have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your external storage to your Xbox One.
- For Xbox One: Go to Settings> System> Storage.
- Select a game, save the data,[コピー]Press.
- When you’re done, remove the external drive and connect it to your Xbox Series X / S.
- Xbox Series X / S will auto-detect your drive. Select the data to transfer and[コピー]Choose.
(You can also manually find the drive from the same one Settings> System> Storage Path as an Xbox One. )
For a more detailed checklist related to the new console, check out our guide on what to do before you get your Xbox Series X / S. When you’re ready to move to Series X / S, visit the Xbox Series X / S Setup Guide to find out how to optimize your settings to your liking, accessibility options you need to know, and other hidden features. Please Confirm.