If you can’t upgrade your PS4 copy of Assassin’s Creed Valhara or Watch Dogs Legion to the PS5 version, you’re not alone.
Ubisoft Assassin’s Creed Valhara And Watch Dogs Legion Both support free next-generation upgrades, and PS4 copy owners will get an enhanced version of PS5 completely free of charge.
This is always the case on both console platforms. However, many players cannot request a free upgrade. Affected players will not see the free upgrade option, but instead will see the regular price of the game.
This issue seems to affect only European players who own the disc version for some reason. Reports of issues affecting both Valhalla and Legion became harder to ignore towards the end of last week as more players got the PS5.
Ubisoft is aware of the issue and has shared with VG247 some steps that players must follow to get an upgrade during investigation. Here are the steps to try:
- Insert the target PS4 game disc.
- Go to the game hub for PS4 games. The user must select “View Product”.
- Select an upgrade offer in the Game Hub to see the upgrade offer.
- To download / purchase content[ダウンロード]Select (or buy at a discounted price).
- After the download is complete, you can insert the PS4 game disc and play PS5 digital games. You must insert the disc every time you play the game.
It’s worth remembering that both games work on PS5 thanks to backward compatibility, but you’ll need to apply for a free upgrade from the PlayStation Store to get a PS5 version that takes advantage of the new hardware.