Job title: Developer, baseball system
Department: Baseball management
Report destination: Baseball system manager
position: Boston, Massachusetts
The Developer, Baseball Systems position is a member of the Baseball Operations Software Development Team and is responsible for the design, development, and support of all baseball systems. This person will work closely with the members of the baseball operations to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis, design and development of high quality baseball systems and solutions. This developer works closely with the director of the baseball system, colleagues on the software development team, and baseball operators in all departments.
- Create state-of-the-art baseball solutions with software development teams and others on new and existing baseball systems
- Contributes to the design and implementation of software architecture and incorporates software engineering ideas
- Participate in key phases of the software development process for critical baseball applications, including requirements collection, analysis, effort estimation, technical research, software design and implementation, testing, bug fixing, and quality assurance.
- Responsible for designing and developing databases, web services, graphical user interfaces, and other aspects of web applications.
- Actively participate with other software developers in design reviews, code reviews, and other best practices
- Work closely with baseball analysts to design and implement solutions to your data needs.
- Resolve technical issues and issues in a timely manner
- Identify and implement creative solutions to technical challenges
Technical skills / qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Related Fields
- Strong database design and development experience, especially with MS SQL Server
- Experience with AWS and GCP cloud technology is a plus
- Experience in integrating systems and data using third-party APIs and services is a plus
- Experience with R is a plus
- Experience designing Zeplin, Photoshop, or similar applications is a plus
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and TFS
- Ability to work autonomously as a team in a fast-paced environment
- High level attention to detail with the ability to multitask effectively
- Work comfortably remotely and communicate with all team members using Zoom, Teams, Slack, Trello, and other tools
- High degree of expertise and ability to maintain sensitive information
- Excellent organizational strength and time management ability
- Understanding baseball, common terms, and means of analysis is a plus
To apply, please follow the steps below This link..
The Red Sox (or FSM) requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Future employees will have race, religious beliefs, color, gender, age, country of origin, handicap, disability, military / veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, or protection. It will be considered without discrimination based on the genetic information given.
The content of this post was created and provided only by the Boston Red Sox.
– MLB Sports
Jobs: Boston Red Sox Baseball System Developer
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/instagraphs/job-posting-boston-red-sox-baseball-systems-developer/ Jobs: Boston Red Sox Baseball System Developer