After all, Luke Rockhold never returns to the octagon of Madison Square Garden.
Former middleweight champion Luke Rockhold announced on Instagram that he was out of the fight with Sean Strickland on Monday night.
“There’s really no easy way to say that, but the fight is happening in New York,” Rockhold said in his Instagram story. “I ended up with a hernia on my back disc. L4, L5. The documentation says it’s not something I can play with. I need to take some time for treatment and recovery. Intended to be Some haven’t. Mother hooking in New York, New York. Sorry for my friends, peeping, and everyone, but I’ll be back again. Until next time. “
Rockhold (16-5) has been inactive since losing the knockout at UFC 239. Rockhold made his light heavyweight debut, but played against current light heavyweight champion Jan Blawowic in the second round. He lost his chin. Prior to his recent defeat, he was knocked out by Yoel Romero at UFC 221 in a tentative title battle.
The former middleweight champion is riding a losing streak in the first two battles of his illustrious career.
At this time, it’s unclear if the UFC will look for an alternative opponent to Strickland or if the match will be postponed to another day.
Strickland (24-3) has won five straight games and has been on fire since returning to middleweight. He recently took part in the first UFC main event that defeated Uriah Hall, a longtime UFC veteran.
The UFC 268 will take place on November 6th, a week after the UFC returns to Fight Island, at Madison Square Garden in New York City. There are consecutive numbered events.
At this event, there will be two title fight rematches on the card.
So far, the penultimate pay-per-view of the year looks like this:
- Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington II – For welterweight titles
- Rose Namajunas vs. Chan Wei Lee II – Straw Hat Pirates Title
- Justin Gasier vs. Michael Chandler
- Irene Aldana vs undecided
- Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
- Sean Strickland vs. undecided
- Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green
- Edmen Shahbazian vs. Nassodin Imavov
- Alexa Camule vs John Alan
- Mercic Badassarian vs. TJ Laramie
- Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Alex Pereira vs Andreas Mihai Lidis
- CJ Vergara vs. Audiosborn
- Jordan Williams vs Ian Garry
– MMA Sports
Luke Rockhold out of UFC 268 to fight Sean Strickland
https://www.lowkickmma.com/luke-rockhold-out-of-ufc-268-fight/ Luke Rockhold out of UFC 268 to fight Sean Strickland