Temporarily stopping your vehicle’s mileage is a highly relevant and popular question asked by most vehicle owners. Nowadays, in many cars, a completely new system is operating, which monitors and records data on the vehicle’s technical condition.
It can be hard to overcome this data. However, there is an excellent way to make corrections to the mileage indicator using a particular device. This tool works in such a way that the odometer reading stops. Moreover, its installation is carried out behind the instrument panel with the help of standard vehicle connectors.
What is an odometer?
Before twisting the numbers on the odometer, it is worth understanding what it is. In a modern car, the odometer is a device, usually located next to the speedometer, and showing the distance, in miles or kilometers, that the vehicle has traveled. Therearethreetypesofodometers:
- Mechanical one is unconventional because it lends itself to easy adjustment of its indicators and is not accurate enough.
- The operation of such a device does not differ from that of a mechanical one. Nevertheless, adjusting it indicators will cause some difficulties.
- The electronic odometer is the most secure unit against freezing.
The principle of operation of any odometer is based on counting wheel revolutions. To overcome one kilometer, the wheel needs to make a certain number of spins. With a standard wheel size, deviations from the odometer readings should be minimal.
In some cases, twisting of the device may be required. Even with an electronic odometer, you can securely adjust numbers — Mileagestopper makes it more accessible.
Why twist the speedometer
There are many supporters and naysayers of this procedure. Nevertheless, in some cases, it is simply necessary to twist the speedometer indicators:
- When replacing the engine, buying a new contract, or carrying out a major overhaul of the driving unit, the actual indicators of its mileage will differ significantly from those shown on the car dashboard.
- In some cases, the mileage on the odometer must be corrected to simplify the calculations necessary for the correct and high-quality running-in of a new engine, timely oil change, and monitoring the engine condition.
- When installing wheels with a diameter that does not correspond to the factory indicators, the speedometer can deviate from the actual speed indicators up to 15 km/h, significantly changing the reliability of the total mileage readings.
To always stop the counter of digits on the odometer timely, it is worth having an irreplaceable assistant at hand — a device for blocking the mileage. It will be invisible during checks, is always easy to install, and does not cause problems in the system. It is the best product that millions of car owners could dream of.