The first patch for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is available today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (via Steam and Origin). This update includes many tweaks and fixes for lobby, audio, user interface, and stability.
Check out the patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue that could cause audio to break during racing and cinematics.
- If you change the VOIP / mic settings, they should be kept in the lobby you will join in the future.
- The VOIP system now works as intended if the headset is connected after joining the multiplayer lobby.
- Speech recognition will now work on players on the same platform.
- A similar issue affected text-to-speech audio distortion, which has been resolved.
- The interceptor lobby should be limited to two players, as intended.
- The Change Access menu now disappears correctly after the selection is made.
- Fixed an issue where players would not move from the lobby to the race.
Visual / UI
- Players will no longer see voice icons on other platforms. In-game voice chat is available when cross-play is turned off. When cross-play is turned on, voice chat is restricted to the party chat system on each platform. This tip is now also visible in your privacy settings.
- You can no longer get stuck in the driver’s details menu.
- When a friend breaks your time, the correct date should appear in the autolog notification.
- Player lists are now displayed only once on the screen when bust as a racer in a Hot Pursuit multiplayer event.
- If you change the console language and local settings, autolog notifications are now displayed in each language.
- Trophy to be received (in the case of cop / racer rank) should be properly unlocked retroactively, even if there are trophies that should have been received but not received.
- When using custom colors, the colors displayed in the “Last / Recent” slots are now displayed correctly. Most of the time it was done, but there were some scenarios where it wasn’t.
- Fixed an issue with occlusion in the mountains along Boulder Road.
- With the Porsche Boxster Spider, you can now reproduce “Speed Yellow” using a custom color palette.
- Some events didn’t have Speedwall, but they now exist and are visible in the career map.
- The prize money won in 3rd place is now displayed on the overview screen of “Beauty and the Beast”.
- If you lose your connection and reconnect, your player’s avatar will display correctly on the Speedwall.
- Notifications that a friend has defeated you in an intercept event will no longer be interrupted when scrolling down the bottom of the map screen, and no random question marks will be displayed.
- The correct name and symbol should appear on the vehicle during the intro of the Most Wanted event.
- Short black screens no longer appear when navigating from the pause menu to submenus during a multiplayer race.
- Car shadows no longer flicker in the parking lot of the police station on Cascade Terrace Road.
- The game you are currently playing is now displayed correctly when you are viewing your profile on your PS4.
- After sending and receiving game invitation requests from friends, confirmation notifications are now displayed as intended.
- The correct game mode is now reflected in your friends list and dashboard when you are in a single player race.
- The player’s avatar frame disappears after the first loading screen.
- The player’s avatar should be better aligned with the name on the results screen.
- If cross-play is enabled, the platform ID should appear next to your name during the race, as well as on the leaderboard.
- When cross-play is enabled, all platform identifier icons will have the same shade / opacity of white.
- The VOIP icon no longer duplicates the player name on the ending screen of a cross-play multiplayer race.
- You can now add players to your friends list from the Recent Players tab.
- In photo mode, the top of the police car siren is no longer blacked out when the Show Damage toggle is set to On.
- Removed redundant lines from user contract.
- Even after changing the resolution multiple times, the “My Carrier” intro cinematic should render in full screen.
- As you pointed out, rank 21 was displayed as the next rank. This was unintended and has been fixed – rank 20 is the highest rank.
- Traditional Chinese: The HUD “jammer” text is now displayed in place when all charges are exhausted.
- All languages: Updated localized technical support files in the Game Installation Support folder.
- Spanish: Long player names should not be duplicated in the “autolog recommended” section.
- If the “Most Wanted” is completed during an ongoing race, all players will need to return to the menu as expected.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when selecting a career event.
- The game no longer crashes when the event is restarted multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when selecting the AutologRecommends menu.
- When I join my friend’s lobby in photo mode, the black screen disappears.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash during an arms race session.
- Fixed two issues that could occur during the “Unreasonable Force” event.
- Resolved an issue where sharing time on the wall could cause the game to hang.
- Now you can join your friends without friction after the game is interrupted for a while on the console.
- If you switch controllers while the Xbox menu is open, the game will work as expected when you press the Back button.
- Even if you disconnect the controller on the title screen, you will still see a button prompt to go to the next screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if you started the game without signing in to your profile.
- You can now access other players’ gamercards from the wall.
- The Show Player prompt no longer appears on the Friends List screen when the Friends List is empty.
- If you’re using “instant sign-in” and you’ve turned off the console and put it in standby, restarting and resuming titles now works smoothly.
- Other Xbox players are now so identified before and during the race.
- Your friends’ online status is now correctly displayed in your friends list.
- Improved visual performance for Barnstormer, Awe Inspired, and Under Pressure.
- The Steam client should see the Need for Speed ™ Hot Pursuit Remastered Badge section (not related to client updates, but can be mentioned here).
- The game no longer displays “pre-purchase” instead of the regular purchase option.