We play for many reasons: to enjoy our imagination, to interact with friends and family, to test our skills against others, to learn through technology, or just to relax. To spend time. Like any social activity, games create meaningful connections with diverse players and remind us that we have a lot in common by sharing the joy of play.
We believe the game is for all people of all ages, including the youngest and most vulnerable players. Technology enables a fascinating entertainment experience. We want those experiences to be positive and respectful, especially when interacting with others. All players are worth a great social gaming experience in an environment where respect and safety are interrelated.
Xbox works with both Nintendo and PlayStation on behalf of the Nintendo Switch player community. We believe that protecting players online requires an interdisciplinary approach that combines the benefits of advanced technology, a support community, and skilled humans. Surveillance. By working towards the same goal, we can achieve more, so we will invest, evolve and expand our approach to user safety. As we continue this work, we prioritize the safety of our players, especially the most vulnerable players.
The following principles guide our work.
Prevention: Allows players and parents to understand and control the gaming experience.
- It provides controls that allow players to customize their gaming experience. We support parents with the tools and information they need to create the right gaming experience for their children.
- We recognize that for safety features to be useful, they must be easy to use. We promote the availability of safety tools through platforms, support channels, services, websites and retail stores to reach more players and parents.
- We keep informed parents and players through our Code of Conduct, Terms of Service, and enforcement practices.
- We are investing in technology to prevent improper conduct and content before players are harmed.
Partnerships: We are working on partnerships with industry, regulators, law enforcement agencies, and communities to improve user safety.
- The focus is on the industry’s commitment to safety. We believe that we have the opportunity to work together for the benefit of the video gaming industry and all players to provide a safer gaming experience.
- We work with industry associations, industry members, regulators, law enforcement agencies and professionals to develop and drive online safety initiatives.
- We are committed to conducting shared research for the benefit of the industry.
- We believe that hatred, harassment and exploitation of young players makes no sense in the game. We work with the community to encourage safe gaming behavior and use reporting tools to summon malicious individuals.
- We work with rating agencies such as ESRB and PEGI to ensure that the game is rated by the right viewers.
Responsibility: We are responsible for making the platform as secure as possible for all players.
- We make it easier for players to report violations of our Code of Conduct, and not only remove content, but also limit players from using our services for fraudulent activities. Take action.
- We comply with all local laws and respond to all legitimate demands from law enforcement agencies. If you observe any illegal activity or if you believe your player is at risk of imminent harm, we will notify law enforcement immediately.
- Publish rules and requirements to ensure that reported players understand the requirements for continued engagement with the platform.
Protecting players can be difficult in a digitally and often instantly connected world. This partnership represents our commitment to work together to improve player safety and ensure that the game truly remains for everyone. The video game industry has a long history of taking steps to protect gamers, especially children, but we recognize that no company or industry can solve these challenges on its own.
We welcome others to make and share similar commitments to any player.