Recall that we talked about robot utopia just a few weeks ago. Retro Makina to appear on PCs and consoles early next year??Well today, the publisher Super.com The developer, Orbit Studio, has provided us with many details about the wonderful world of retrofuturist action puzzles.
From the beginning, it’s clear that Retro Makina has a gorgeous hand-painted art style. This is the master of science fiction literature Isaac Asimov (“Foundation” series) and Arthur C. Clark (2001: A Space Odyssey). Throughout the game, you can explore five unique biomes, each with its own fascinating aesthetic. Now let’s review the individual biomes and a brief description of the settings listed below.
- Endeavor City – Endeavor, protected and isolated from the outside by a glass dome, is the only known city that remains intact. Only robots that perform the function of keeping perfection live, and imperfections are unacceptable.
- Nuclear Physics Factory – Hiding in the woods is the old Nucleonics Labs factory. It contains some machines that have been deactivated for a long time, but have been built but never used.
- Atomic city – Atomic City was once one of the greatest cities in the world. Now it’s just the shadow of the former self. Some dangers are hidden in the ruins, but treasures and mysteries are also revealed. Some of the buildings reminiscent of former residents, such as Venus Small and drive-ins, remain intact.
- Maritime nation – Floating cities are designed to be spectacular and impressive. Inside the luxurious building is an old casino full of water. In the central square is the statue of the founder and the ruins of his huge tower, a monument to his ego. Today, the fate of a maritime nation is to slowly sink into oblivion.
- Serendipity Mountain – There is a huge rocket on the top of a large and calm mountain, resting for a long time. It is possible to observe strange structures and structures on the surface leading to the inside from a distance, but what is hidden there remains a mystery.
A lone robot worker tasked with unraveling the mystery at Retro Machina faces a variety of challenges in each of these environments, giving him the freedom to use all the tools. Especially if he seeks help for his highly beloved home. Fortunately, his ability to control other robots allows him to turn his enemies into allies and overcome dangerous traps that may be waiting for him.
Retro Machina will be released on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC in the first quarter of 2021.