Rivals of Aether has been updated (version 126.96.36.199), patch notes
Posted on News, Switch by Ervin on December 16, 2020
Rivals of Aether has received a number of updates that balance some gameplay and fix some bugs. Check out the patch notes below.
- Skills, lack of tech, lack of tech bounce, added sound effects for wall jumps.
- Airdodge can now snap to the platform on the move and from the side to the platform.
- Previously, it only snapped to the platform during the first two frames.
- The straight horizontal air dodge snaps down to the platform up to 8 pixels below at startup.
- After being parried, it is no longer possible to get through the platform during a pause.
- Bug Fix: The invincibility of wall technology is no longer delayed by one frame.
- The bottom blast zone is now 40px lower when the player is not hit stun (or when the hit stun is moving up).
- The lower blast zone is now 64px lower than the projectile.
- Affects only Etalus Fspecial, Kragg Rock, SK Rock, and Mobile Gear.
- Fixed a rounding error in the purple kill effect calculation that causes pixel-perfect false positives.
- The knockback angle after DI is now rounded to an integer value
- Prevents the purple kill effect from giving false positives due to non-integer angles.
- Maximum camera speed when moving away from the default position: 4> 7.
- Camera acceleration when moving away from the default position: 0.2> 0.5.
- A 100px buffer zone has been added to the camera before returning to the default position when the character is offstage
- This allows the camera to better track the character behind the scenes and reduce the camera’s jerkiness when the character is moving around near the shelves.
- Double taps on the keyboard now work with tap jumps.
- Paid Nspecial knockback scaling: .4> .3
- The buff from the previous patch is a bit stronger than intended.
- Special multi-hit angle flipper: 1> 2
- The interval between last hits is less important, so multi-hits are now pulled inward for more consistent links.
- Sourspot Utilt Damage: 3> 4.
- You can now cancel the Fair recovery window with a wall jump.
- Bare Sweet Spot Knockback Scaling: .75> .9.
- Bare Sweet Spot Knockback Angle: 361> 45.
- The grounded enemy angle 40 is no longer there.
- Dair’s first three hits can no longer generate a purple kill effect.
- Maximum vertical velocity of special bubbles: 5> 4.
- They still reach the top of ToH’s top platform.
- Nair end lag reduced from 12> 10 on hit (18> 15 on whiff)
- This is between values before 1.4.25 and values after 1.4.25.
- Ustrong Sweet Spot Hit Lockout: 10> 20.
- This prevents Crag’s own rock debris from interfering with his Eustrong knockback.
- Pillars no longer break when reaching ground level, unless both sides of the pillar are in contact with the ground.
- Pillar snaps the player to the top of Pillar when it reaches its final height.
- This allows crouching on a rising pillar to be consistent when landing on a pillar. This does not affect situations where you do not CC the columns.
- Fstrong hit 1 hit stun modifier: x1.0> x1.5
- Usually, about 6 frames of hit stuns are added to improve links with enemies in the air.
- Ustrong Hit 2 Startup: 6> 4
- Addresses an issue where an opponent can parry a second hit without canceling the first hit.
- The clone will use the pre-determined recovery tactics again.
- Dash attack hits one active frame: 4> 6
- Reduces inactive frames between hits.
- Lily can no longer bash while stunned.
- You can no longer cancel Uspecial’s hit poses in Airdge.
- Broken Fspecial projectiles no longer create hitboxes when landing.
Ori and the Blind
- It is no longer possible to defeat the stunned Lily.
- Maximum distance adjusted to bash the grounded mines of Lily and Eliana
- Ori will not be able to bash these objects from very long distances.
- Dstrong Sweet Spot Base Knockback: 10> 9.
- Dstrong Sweet Spot Knockback Scaling: 1.3> 1.25.
- A successful Dspecial counter restores her double jump.
- Successful Dspecial counters will no longer lose invincibility when they run out of parry invincibility.
- The plasma field properly destroys the Sylvanos jab special projectile.
- I removed the Uair1 angle flipper.
- This will improve the Uair link when you move a little forward and hit behind the attack.
- Uair 2 damage: 3> 5 (total movement damage: 6> 8).
- Double jumps and air dodge are restored one frame earlier when they spawn in Uspecial.
- You can now hover with the short hop button.
- Hovering is only a short time, as pressing and holding the short hop button has no effect.
- Ground Friction: 1.0> 0.65 (to buff her running parry).
- Using rocks while being thrown by another attack will no longer cause the game to crash.
- Uspecial’s invincibility begins as soon as she ejects from the mecha (one frame earlier than before).
- Hitting in frame 1 of landing after Uspecial will properly restore the stats in the mecha (weight, wall jump speed, heartbox size).
- Attack Gem Multiplier: 15x damage> 17x damage.
- Jab knockback angle: 361> 60.
- Nia knockback angle: 361> 45.
- Fixed a bug where you could parry a hitbox that blocks Dair’s projectiles.
- Bug Fix: Utilt’s collision circle no longer expands when it detects a collision with a crag pillar.
- Dtilt hit 2 knockback: 7 + .4> 8 + .5.
- Uair’s body hitbox is 50px lower than the propeller hitbox. You can only hit enemies that are grounded and disappear on the last hit.
- DStrong has an eight-frame protracted sour spot after the last hitbox.
- Due to the shorter end lag window, Shovel Knight can take action on the whif three frames faster (timing is the same for hits).
- Special ascending hits 1 and 2: 7 + .4 at 60 degrees> 10 + .3 at 65 degrees.
- The special ascending hit 2BKB decays from 10> 7.
- If the move hits someone, Uspecial’s recovery frame will be reduced to 1/4.
- Uspecial can no longer recover resources before landing.
- Golden fish value: 750> 500.
Switch bug fixes and improvements
- Frame skip has been added to the switchnet code. This can reduce the amount of matches that run consistently slower than 60 FPS on the switch.
- Input delays have been reduced by one frame for connections greater than 48 pings.
- The Caesar buddy will remain properly unlocked.
- Ranno and Clairen milestone rewards are no longer exchanged.
- Players can now create friends-only lobbies on Switch and filter the displayed lobbies.
- Fixed various crashes due to discord player bug reports (for all sorts of reasons, from gameplay interactions to controller disconnections).
- Story mode completions are now saved correctly.
- The default control schemes for handheld mode, Joy-Con pairs, and the entire SwitchPro controller have been adjusted.
- Various UI and controller fixes have been added to support the GameCube controller.
- Fixed crashes and bugs in some tutorials.
- Addressed some points in the game where players could be soft-locked.
- The leaderboard is now working properly.