Most people tend to be physically inactive when they experience back pain, which also exacerbates the condition and increases the intensity of the pain.
Feel better with the’selfBACK’app
In the current study, the research team evaluated the effectiveness of the selfBACK app in a study of 461 back pain patients from Norway and Denmark. About half of the subjects received standard treatment for back pain, while the other half used the self-back app with standard treatment.
Three, six, and nine months after using the app, the patient’s back pain outcomes progressed. This showed that the majority of participants who used the app were better at managing back pain, as the clinical improvement of participants who used self-back was about 32% higher.
Customized solutions from AI-powered tools
Unlike other health care apps, Selfback adjusts each patient’s recommendations to plan how to deal with pain. This AI-powered smartphone app contains suggestions based on other people’s back pain experiences. Physical activity and exercise..
“Therefore, before you start using the app, you need to answer a few questions, such as lifestyle and certain back issues. The app has been achieved with the answers of other app users and using the app. Compare the results with the answers. This is how the app applies the advice. “ Moke explains.
The European Union supported this research activity for € 5 million.The results of the complete study were published in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine.
Back pain relief tips
- Focus on good posture
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stretch joints and soft tissues through yoga
- Try careful meditation
- Keep the heat patch handy
- Sandals LF, Bach K, vs. CK, etc. Effectiveness of customized self-management support provided by the app for adults with low back pain-related disorders: Self-back randomized clinical trials. JAMA Intern Med. Published online August 2, 2021. doi: 10.1001 / jamainternmed.2021.4097
- Back Pain Fact Sheet- (Https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Low-Back-Pain-Fact-Sheet)
- Back Pain Facts and Statistics- (Https://www.acatoday.org/Patients/What-is-Chiropractic/Back-Pain-Facts-and-Statistics)