In the Xbox Wire blog post,
This initiative was launched to protect people playing games on each platform, especially the “youngest and most vulnerable players.” While reading the presser, the emotions are a bit vague, but we know that there are guiding principles that are applied by all three companies.
“Xbox works with both Nintendo and PlayStation on behalf of the Nintendo Switch player community. Protecting players online combines the benefits of advanced technology, a support community, and a skilled community. We believe we need an interdisciplinary approach. Human surveillance, “writes Dave McCarthy. “By working towards the same goal, we can achieve more, so we will invest, evolve and expand our approach to user safety. Players, especially the most vulnerable, will continue to do this. Priority is given to protecting the safety of the player. “
The first principle is Prevention: Allows players and parents to understand and control the gaming experience.
- It provides controls that allow players to customize their gaming experience. We support parents with the tools and information they need to create the right gaming experience for their children.
- We recognize that for safety features to be useful, they must be easy to use. We promote the availability of safety tools through platforms, support channels, services, websites and retail stores to reach more players and parents.
- We keep informed parents and players through our Code of Conduct, Terms of Service, and enforcement practices.
- We are investing in technology to prevent improper conduct and content before players are harmed.
next Partnerships: We are working on partnerships with industry, regulators, law enforcement agencies, and communities to improve user safety.
- The focus is on the industry’s commitment to safety. We believe that we have the opportunity to work together for the benefit of the video gaming industry and all players to provide a safer gaming experience.
- We work with industry associations, industry members, regulators, law enforcement agencies and professionals to develop and drive online safety initiatives.
- We are committed to conducting shared research for the benefit of the industry.
- We believe that hatred, harassment and exploitation of young players makes no sense in the game. We work with the community to encourage safe gaming behavior and use reporting tools to summon malicious individuals.
- We work with rating agencies such as ESRB and PEGI to ensure that the game is rated by the right viewers.
Finally, the last principle is about Responsibility: We are responsible for making the platform as secure as possible for all players.
- We make it easier for players to report violations of our Code of Conduct, and not only remove content, but also limit players from using our services for fraudulent activities. Take action.
- We comply with all local laws and respond to all legitimate demands from law enforcement agencies. If you observe any illegal activity or if you believe your player is at risk of imminent harm, we will notify law enforcement immediately.
- Publish rules and requirements to ensure that reported players understand the requirements for continued engagement with the platform.
Protecting players is a big challenge in today’s situation, but as many of us go online, we need it too. With the establishment of this partnership, the online world feels more inclusive and open to people of all ages.