I saw almost everyone you follow online posted 2020 wrapped information from Spotify, detailing all the statistics such as time listened, top artists, genres, podcasts, etc. There will be times. Gamers, we are not excluded from the trend. This year, Spotify recorded an almost 55% increase worldwide in streaming from both Xbox and PlayStation game consoles. This was revealed in a special rap that emphasized what these users were hearing this year.
Not surprisingly, the video game soundtrack was particularly strong. Minecraft, Doom and Death Stranding all had soundtracks in the top streaming categories of the year. When the game started, Tony Hawk’s ProSkater 1 + 2 soundtrack soared by over 316%.
If you don’t currently have a Spotify Premium subscription and have a Game Pass Ultimate membership, you’ll get a 3-month free trial of the music service.
Want to know what everyone was jamming out for? Here’s a breakdown of Spotify’s streaming trends from the console in 2020:
Spotify 2020 game summary
- In 2020, early morning (6 AM-9AM) streaming on game consoles showed an increase of over 47%.
- In some countries, console streaming increased even more significantly from 2019 to 2020. In Oman, there was an increase of over 242%.
- Rap and trap were the most streamed music genres of the year.
- The most streamed artists in the game in 2020: Juice WRLD, XXXTENTACION, Travis Scott, Lil Uzi Vert, Young Boy Neverbreak Again.
- The most streamed female artists on consoles in 2020: Billie Eilish, Halsey, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Dua Lipa.
- Top streaming songs for the game in 2020: Roddy Ricch’s “The Box”, Lil Mosey’s “Blueberry Faygo”, Travis Scott’s “Goosebumps”, DaBaby’s “Rockstar” feat. “Falling” by Roddy Ricch and Trevor Daniel.
- The most popular podcasts for the 2020 game: Misfits Podcast, Joe Rogan Experience, Mom’s Basement, Archive, and Views with David Dobrick and Jason Nash.
- Top Streaming Video Game Soundtrack for 2020: C418’s “Minecraft-Volume Beta”, Mick Gordon’s “Doom (Original Game Soundtrack)”, DEATH STRANDING: Timefall’s “DEATH STRANDING: Timefall”.
- After the release of the new Tony Hawk ProSkater 1 + 2, Spotify’s soundtrack has skyrocketed by over 316%.
- League of Legends 2020 World Ansem “Takeover”, Jeremy McKinnon, A Day to Remember, MAX and Henry have more than 17.6 million streams so far.