Last month, EA Motive announced new content for Star Wars: Squadrons. This includes two new starfighters and one new map. The update is currently released in the form of Update 4.0. This added the B-Wing to the New Republic’s fleet and the TIE Defender to the Imperial’s fleet. In addition, the Fostar Haven map is now multiplayer playable. This map first appears during the Star Wars: Squadron Story Mode prologue. The update also adds custom matches, new components, and new cosmetics. You can see the full patch notes after the trailer.
Star Wars: Squadrons 4.0 Update Patch Notes
- Added custom games and server browsers available in the multiplayer & training menu
- Due to server-side changes last week, we adjusted the skill evaluation requirements for each tier (see below for details).
- Due to a server-side change last week, we updated the skill rating gain / loss ratio to better reflect each player’s performance.
- Continuous server-side matchmaking improvements
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if the player did not skip the ending screen of the match
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when loading into Fostar Haven
- Fixed an issue that could cause a strong flash in Foster Haven when the lighting quality was set to low
- Fixed an issue where multiplayer AIs would sometimes not do hull damage to players with primary weapons
- Fixed or improved instances of poor collision detection in Fostar Haven, Galitan, Esseles, Nadiri Dockyards, Zavian Abyss, and Sissubo
- Fixed an issue that could cause the inside of the TIE interceptor to disappear after respawning
- Fixed an issue that could cause VFX on Star Destroyer engines to flicker
- Fixed an issue where the PlayStation 5 visuals would look blurry.
|Split||Tear||Operation 1||Operation 2|
|Heretic||I||1-299||1 – 149|
|Heretic||II||300 – 599||150-299|
|Heretic||III||600-899||300 – 449|
|Doer||II||1200 – 1499||650-849|
|Doer||III||1500 – 1799||850-1049|
|Brave||I||1800 – 1999||1050 – 1249|
|Brave||II||2000 – 2199||1250 – 1449|
|Brave||III||2200 – 2399||1450 – 1649|
|Variant||I||2800-2899||2050 – 2249|
|Variant||II||2900-2999||2250 ~ 2449|
|Variant||III||3000-3099||2450 – 2649|
|Variant||IV||3100 – 3199||2650 – 2849|
|Legend||I||3300-3399||3050 – 3299|
|Legend||II||3400-3499||3300 – 3549|
|Legend||III||3500 – 3599||3550 – 3799|
|Legend||V||3700-3799||4050 – 4299|
- Fixed an issue where players might not be able to see their stats on the career page
- Added support for Track IR on PC
- Improved how the game detects and processes device input with the same device name
- Fixed an issue where the game would not detect all input devices if multiple were connected
- Fixed an issue where PC users with 5 or more input devices might not be able to reorder their devices
- Added controller rumble for ion cannon, assault shield, and beam cannon.
- Fixed an issue where HoriHOTAS mini stick input for Xbox One did not work properly
- An option has been added to switch the game controller between dynamic (default) throttle and static throttle. This option can be used to modify the throttle behavior of certain input devices such as HoriHOTAS for PS4.
- Added new cosmetics that evolve over time through in-game events and operations
- Improve dashboard figure lighting as needed
- Fixed an issue that could cause Astromech-shaped holes to appear in decorative UI elements around the “Powerful Alliance” X-wing skin.
- Fixed an issue where the indicator might not appear after the capital ship was destroyed
- Maximum waiting time in the briefing room has been reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds
- Fixed an issue where Titan One could give a holographic effect to the legs of a briefing room
- Fixed an issue where some spawned New Republic squadrons did not have a UI indicator
- Friends will now be listed in alphabetical order for ease of use
- Improved the load time of the friend list of players with many friends
- Fixed an issue where all players could appear as the same in the intro cinematic
Starfighters and components
- Added B-wing to the New Republic fleet
- Heavy Gunship Play Style, Backline Fighter
- Low maneuverability, depending on boost / drift to move and turn efficiently
- High durability and primary damage output, explosive capital ship damage, built-in ion cannon
- Rely on support / allies to reach capital ships and survive while damaging
- Ideal for staying behind a fighter / interceptor and setting a big fire on an enemy ship
- Unique component: Ion beam
- Causes massive ion damage to capital ship shields and subsystems
- Unique component: Gyro / auxiliary control module
- While holding down the auxiliary button, rotate the cockpit of the gyroscope to rotate the entire ship around the cockpit. The angle of the wing determines the launch angle of the bomb. Missile avoidance also increases while the gyroscope roll is in motion.
- Also, increase the number of ammunition for auxiliary devices that use ammo. Otherwise, the auxiliary cooldown rate will increase.
- Added TIE Defender to Imperial Japanese Navy
- Adaptive Anti Star Fighter Specialist, Frontline and Midline Fighter
- High survival rate with strong shield, but very susceptible to ionic weapons
- Frequent and skillful power management and the use of boost / drift are required for ideal performance.Poor power management can be harmful
- Unique component: Advanced power system
- It instantly gives the system a significant overcharge with maximum power. Without the maximum power system, all systems are less overcharged.
- DPS is now displayed on deployable turrets (both standard and rocket).
- Fixed an issue where rockets would not affect impact
- Updated the description of deployable turrets to clarify how they work in-game
- Fixed an issue where component reload sound effects might not be available
- Tactical Shields and Emergency Shields are now displayed on target computers around the Starfighters of New Republic ships instead of status indicators (already present in Imperial Starfighters). This allows you to compare temporary shields with regular shields side by side when cycling your allies.enemy
- A wing shield regeneration rate reduced by about 1/3
- The rotary cannon no longer consumes laser power during windup
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Starfighter to move jerky while firing a rotary cannon.
- Reduce the speed of ion missiles from 400m / s to 240m / s to match other missiles
- Fixed an issue where setting power management to balance could allow the player to exploit the power converter penalty and reset it.
- If hit while charging the Plus Burst Cannon, the player now takes + 50% damage and forces it to act as a “tracking” weapon instead of a “tournament” weapon.
- Increased VFX intelligibility when Plasburst Cannon is fully charged
- Fixed an issue where the beam VFX disappeared when the player tapped the button repeatedly
- Fixed an issue where Starfighter disabled effects would not display correctly in the U wing
- Fixed an issue where Starfighters could reach negative turnover
- Increased the internal blast radius of pierced torpedoes from 2 to 14 to allow for more consistent damage.
- Fixed an issue where the game could load indefinitely at the end of Mission 1
- Fixed an issue where some players couldn’t go beyond the mission 1 “Follow Gunny” goal
- Fixed an issue where the Drift Tutorial could not be completed with the arrow keys on a Mission 3 PC.
- SR requirements are now displayed on individual subtiers of the rank ladder
- Fixed an issue where the username of a defeated player would appear very small on the killcam
- Fixed an issue where text should not be displayed, but not consistently as outlined
- Fixed an issue where prompts to leave the briefing room could follow intro cinematic and games
- “Recenter HMD” VR input is now displayed properly on the PC control screen
- Added some new loading screen tips related to new content.
- Fixed an issue where ships would appear in the middle of hangar entry / exit cinematics while playing in VR
- Fixed an issue where tracking points on the PSVR while the in-game camera was spinning would double the image.
- Fixed an issue where players could be loaded into Esseles instead of Fostar Haven when playing against AI.
– Article continues below –
– The page continues below –