2022 began with what appeared to be a positive sign for the battle between Dustin Poirier and Nate Diaz.
As Poirier Teddy Atlas told A few weeks after losing UFC 269, he had already agreed to a “super short” match with UFC superstars.However, the organization Reportedly unplugged I am planning to make a reservation.
From their end, both Diaz and Poirier still want to push the fight forward. This week, Diaz posted this tweet for the UFC.
— Nate Diaz (@ NateDiaz209) January 19, 2022
Poirier also revealed his intentions through a series of tweets.
UFC President Dana White was later asked by ESPN’s Brett Okamoto about Diaz’s tweet. His boss relied on a positive answer, but he answered as usual.
“Of course we are interested. This is our job. We have a fight every weekend. What happens is that everyone jumps out of nowhere and says,” Okay, this. I want to do it, I want to do it. ” ” He said..
“We have booked the fight until May 2nd. Everything is in place and everything is done. Obviously, Nate Diaz will win the fight …
“I’m always saying this, I’ve been saying this for 20 years: we have a contract (give the guys a fight). Three times a year they have to fight No. (Nate) wins the battle. ”
Diaz and Poirier were previously booked on the UFC 230 in 2018. The battle was then abandoned after the UFC 230 withdrew due to injury.
– MMA Sports
Stop playing with me-Nate Diaz blames the UFC for the “slowdown” Poirier fight.Dana White responds
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/1/21/22894126/nate-diaz-slams-ufc-slowing-down-poirier-fight-dana-white-responds-mma-news Stop playing with me-Nate Diaz blames the UFC for the “slowdown” Poirier fight.Dana White responds