The UFC’s recent one-month Fight Island and two-month Las Vegas patterns follow.
The promotion has been to and from the show between Abu Dhabi and the UFCAPEX Arena in Las Vegas since a short stint in Florida marked a return to action in May. Patterns appeared: July in Fight Island, August / September in Las Vegas. October, November / December Las Vegas on Fight Island. Upon returning to Fight Island in January, UFC President Dana White removed the Location TBA tag from a major February / March event.
The March 6th UFC 259 will take place at UFC Apex in Las Vegas, giving a small group of fans a chance to enter the building for the first time. See White’s announcement and the promotions below.
The UFC 259 is a fairly stacked card with three title fights (and five belts). Middleweight champion Israel Adesanya is heading to light heavyweight to challenge 205-pound champion Jan Blawowic. Current double champion Amanda Nunes defends her woman’s featherweight belt against Megan Anderson. And bantamweight champion Petr Yan defends against Aljamain Sterling. Imagine being one of the few fans allowed to enter the building to witness this!
The entire current card is as follows:
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Israel Adesanya — Light Heavyweight Title Battle
- Amanda Nunes vs Megan Anderson — Featherweight Title Battle
- Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterling — Bantamweight Title Battle
- Dominick Cruz vs. Casey Kenney
- Thiago Santos vs. Alexander Rakicchi
- Islam Makhachev vs Drew Dober
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Askar Askarov
- Sean Brede vs. Jake Matthews
- Kennedy Nzechuku vs Carlos Wolberg
- Kai Kara France vs. Rogerio Bonterin
- Randy Costa vs Trevin Jones
- Livina Souza vs. Amanda Lemos
- Song Yadong vs. Kyler Phillips
- Jordan Espinosa vs. Tim Elliott
– MMA Sports
The UFC 259 will be held in Las Vegas with limited fan participation.
https://www.mmamania.com/2021/1/31/22259536/dana-white-reveals-ufc-259-will-take-place-in-las-vegas-with-limited-fan-attendance The UFC 259 will be held in Las Vegas with limited fan participation.