According to a ranking released by the Association of Independent Mortgage Experts, mortgage brokers claimed more than 20% of their market share in January this year for the first time in more than 10 years, with these 10 companies taking the lead.
Six of the ten largest independent mortgage brokers in the United States are headquartered in California and Arizona, all west of the Mississippi River, according to a ranking released by the Association of Independent Mortgage Experts (AIME).
AIME’s broker rankings are based on loan production data from third-party data sources validated by MMI. The top 10 independent mortgage brokers ranked by 2020 loan amount are:
- C2 financial (Licensed in 10 states, San Diego, CA): $ 10,568,086,977
- NEXA Mortgage (Chandler, Arizona, licensed in 47 states): $ 3,886,074,348
- Answer the mortgage (Licensed in Granite Bay, CA, CA): $ 2,300,000,000
- Edge Home Finance (Licensed in 15 states, Edina, Minnesota): $ 1,886,388,282
- Bayview Residential (Licensed in Campbell, CA, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington): $ 1,183,363,990
- Price mortgage (Licensed in Gilbert, Arizona, Arizona, California, Minnesota, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Texas): $ 927,127,417
- Simplify Mortgage LLC (American Fork, Utah, licensed in 17 states): $ 809,784,449
- Vertex Financial Group LLC (Highlands Ranch, Colorado, licensed in 12 states): $ 733,288,847
- Artius Mortgage (Draper, Utah): $ 650,918,883
- Lund Mortgage Team (Glendale, Arizona): $ 515,780,604
AIME published for the second year National ranking To promote mortgage brokers and help them increase their market share.
Mortgage brokers lost support after the collapse of mortgages in 2007-2008 as many traditional banks closed their wholesale lending divisions. Mortgage brokers’ market share plummeted from 32.1% in October 2007 to 5.9% in October 2011, according to data compiled by CoreLogic. Since then, mortgage brokers have regained market share and only surged above 20%. The 10th year of January 2021.
Mortgage Broker Market Share, 2007-2021
Katie Sweeney, CEO of AIME, said: statement.. “As more originators and support staff join the broker community and the wholesale channel continues to grow, we expect the broker ranking to grow year by year.”
Independent non-bank mortgage lenders who do some or all of their business through mortgage brokers also gain market share from traditional banks such as Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America and US Bank.
According to the latest Mortgage Disclosure Law DataIn 2020, six of the ten largest mortgage lenders in the United States were non-banks: Rocket Mortgage, United Wholesale Mortgage, loanDepot, Freedom Mortgage, Caliber Mortgage and Fairway Independent Mortgage Ltd.
Top 10 Independent Mortgage Brokers with Market Share
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/inmannews/~3/ZPX7VwNWILE/ Top 10 Independent Mortgage Brokers with Market Share