The 2021-22 Chairman of the Truckload Carriers Association is DM Bowman, Inc. I will be James Ward, the president of. He was introduced on Tuesday, April 20th at the TCA’s Virtual Board of Directors in connection with the Association’s Spring Business Conference.
Ward, who lives with his wife Starra in Hagerstown, Maryland, has been in the transportation industry for 43 years. Prior to joining DMBowman in 1986, he began his career at the Western Maryland Railroad. Jim has been Managing Director of Willis’ Transportation Industry Division in Nashville, Tennessee since 1992, and then DM Bowman, Inc. in 1999. I returned to.
In addition to Ward’s responsibilities as Chairman of the TCA, he is also a member of the TCA’s Board of Directors, Financial Oversight Committee, Highway Policy Committee, Regulatory Policy Committee, and Recruitment and Retention Personnel Committee.
DM Bowman Inc., a 55-year member of TCA, began in 1959 when Don Bowman boarded a used B61 Mack tractor and trailer to transport coal. One day, Don dreamed of owning 10 trucks and ran tractors and trailers as owners and operators. Don Bowman is DM Bowman, Inc., which acquired the first ICC Authority in 1966. Established and added several trucks to transport bricks from Williamsport, Maryland to out-of-state locations. Over the years, the company has added short-haul truck loading and warehousing services. DM Bowman, Inc. Currently has 382 power units and 8 terminals on the East Coast.
The following individuals will assist Ward as TCA officers.
- Immediate Chairman: Cargo Transporters, Inc. President and CEO, Dennis Dellinger
- First Vice Chairman: Load One, LLC, CEO, John Elliott
- Second Vice Chairman: Knight-Swift Transportation, Executive Vice President, David Williams
- Treasury: Veriha Trucking, Inc. President, Karen Smerchek
- Secretary: Pete Hill, Vice President of Hill Brothers Transportation
- ATA Association Vice President: Joey Hogan, President of Covenant Transport
- At-Large Officer: Maverick USA, Executive Vice President of Treasury, John Culp
- At-Large Officer: Nagle Toledo, Inc, President, Ed Nagle
- At-Large Officer: Jon Coca, Diamond Transportation System, Inc.President
- At-Large Officer: Kriska Transportation Group, President and CEO, Mark Seymour
- At-Large Officer: Brian Kurtz Trucking, LTD, General Manager, Trevor Kurtz
Truckload Carriers Appoints Jim Ward as New Chairman
https://www.truckersnews.com/news/article/15065195/truckload-carriers-names-jim-ward-its-new-chairman Truckload Carriers Appoints Jim Ward as New Chairman