Sports

Under investigation by Gerard Piqué of Barcelona saying he supports Real Madrid – Soccer Sports

Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué faces an investigation from the Royal Spanish Football Federation in a recent interview with comments suggesting support for Real Madrid as most Spanish referees are real supporters. ..

A spokeswoman for the federation said Barca was informed about Pique’s investigation. Pique will determine whether he has violated the federation’s rules regarding doubting the referee’s honor or impartiality.

Barcelona Pique ponders Real Madrid’s motives
Stream ESPN FC daily with ESPN + (US only)

Talking to YouTube personality Mario Alfonso (known as Dj Mario) earlier this month, Pique said Real’s accusation of last season’s title was helped by a referee’s phone and made the decision “everything in my life. The most grotesque thing I’ve seen. “

The player, who likes to make jibes in Real Madrid, said last year that 90% of referees were Real fans and the remaining 10% supported Barca, according to former referee Eduardo Ituralde Gonzalez. I quoted the remark.

“Why don’t they support Real Madrid,” Pique said.

play

1:38

Shaka Hislop says the move to PSG doesn’t make sense if Lionel Messi is really looking for a new challenge.

“If they do it unknowingly, why don’t they be kind to one side. I respect the professionalism of the referees and make sure they do the best possible job. I know, what happens when there is a moment of doubt, do they do? “

The representative of Pique did not immediately respond to the request for comment.

Cadiz President Manuel Vizcaino Fernandez has also been investigated in a statement released after losing 4-1 to Real Sociedad on Sunday, alleging that the club has been mistreated by VAR’s call.

– Soccer Sports

Under investigation by Gerard Piqué of Barcelona saying he supports Real Madrid

https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona/story/4312263/barcelonas-gerard-pique-under-investigation-for-saying-refs-favour-real-madrid Under investigation by Gerard Piqué of Barcelona saying he supports Real Madrid

Back to top button