Uncasville, Connecticut – Verator 260 I lost the battle of the main card.
Women’s flyweight match between Brazilians Vanessa Porto And Ilara Joan It was canceled on Friday. Shortly after the official weighing of the event was over, promotion officials revealed that Porto had not received proper medical permits to compete with the commission and the fight was abandoned.
MMA Junkie was then told by promotional officials that the event would continue with a four-game main card.
Breaking news: The flyweight match between Vanessa Porto and Ilara Joan has been cancelled. Vanessa Porto was not cleared by the Commission to compete. # BELLATOR260
— Bellator PR (@BellatorPR) June 10, 2021
Porto, 37, was the last fighter to join. Thursday official weighing I needed a towel to hit her mark. The battle was scheduled for a contract weight of 128 pounds. And it was booked with a sudden notice for both fighters.
Bellator 260 will take place on Friday at the Mohegan Sun Arena. The main card will be streamed in Showtime after the MMA junkie prelim.
With this change, the Bellator 260 lineup includes:
Main card (showtime, 9 pm ET)
- Champ Douglas Lima vs Yaroslav Amosov – Welterweight Title
- Paul Daley vs Jason Jackson – Contract Weight of 175 lbs
- Aiden Lee vs. Aaron Pico
- Demarquez Jackson vs Mark Reminger
Preliminary card (MMA Junkie, 6 pm ET)
- Levan Chokeri vs. Kyle Clutchmer
- Taiwan Claxton vs Justin Gonzalez
- Bobby King vs. Nick Newell
- Lucas Brennan vs. Matthew Skibiki – 150 lbs Contract Weight
- Amanda Bell vs Marina Mokuna Tokina
- Alex Polizzi vs. Gustavo Trujillo
– MMA Sports
Vanessa Porto ineligible, Fight vs. Ilara Joan Off
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/06/bellator-260-news-vanessa-porto-out-vs-ilara-joanne Vanessa Porto ineligible, Fight vs. Ilara Joan Off