If you are not careful, unexpected cyclones, floods, or rain can cause fatal illness. Given the turbulent weather forecast, here is a list of what you should and should not follow to maintain your health, safety and protection.
What to do to stay healthy
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Strengthen your immunity.. If you have a weak immune system, you may be an easy target for most infections. The best way to start a defense system is to include vitamin C, fruits, and fresh vegetables in your diet.It is also advisable to drink green tea, which helps boost immunity.
- Wear clean, dry clothes and shoes.. Wet clothing and footwear are often habitats for microorganisms.Therefore, wear clean and dry clothes
- A beautiful house. Logging on rainy days can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Spray a safe disinfectant and use repellents to keep insects away.
- Drink boiling water or chlorine water.. Avoid juices and contaminated water as they carry the risk of waterborne infections. Always store drinking water in a clean place and drink only chlorinated or boiled water.
- Get wet in the rain and take a bath.. If it gets wet in the rain, take a bath and dry your hair immediately.Wet hair and clothing can attract the virus that causes the flu
- wash hands..Always wash your hands with soap or hand wash
Don’t stay healthy
- Don’t get wet in the rain
- Do not eat at the roadside stalls
- Do not enter the AC room when it is wet
- Do not let water collect around the house
- Don’t let your child play in a puddle
If you have to leave the house with flash floods:
- Turn on your car’s headlights as other drivers are most likely to see you while driving
- Make sure the windshield viper is in good condition
- Do not drive or walk near drains on the road
- Avoid damaged buildings
- Keep away from broken wires, utility poles and other sharp objects
For emergency medical dial 1066
For immediate consultation with your doctor, download the Apollo 24/7 app online and consult