Another free update for WRC 9 has arrived today on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It features the long-awaited co-driver mode, which allows two online players to race in the same car. Co-drivers are completely immersed in rally pacenotes, including route, curve and hazard details, thanks to integrated voice chat. In this cooperative mode, where synchronization and communication are key to victory, players can truly step into the shoes of the sport’s top partnerships.
Toyota GAZOO Racing’s GR Yarislurry Concept is also included in the update along with the new coloring of the Pirelli Tire Team Citroen C3.
Last but not least, Rally Portugal has six new special stages. With alternating tracks of vast spaces with forests, villages and breathtaking landscapes, WRC 9 players have even more time to take on new challenges.
Check out the patch notes below.
- Fixed a crash after changing tire type in the tutorial
- Fixed various online lobby related crashes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the car to spin out of control when passing through a puddle.
- Fixed an issue where engine SFX could not be heard.
- Fixed an issue where tire and car setup selections would be reset when a new player joined the online lobby.
- Added a clearer message if writing to the leaderboard fails.
- Fixed an issue where both players could control gear in split screen.
- Changed an obscure text message when exiting photo mode.
- Fixed various collision issues with Proton Iriz R5.
- Fixed some respawn issues.
- Fixed various issues that could cause the game to lose access to the WRC9 server.
- Fixed an issue where the Ford Fiesta WRC windshield was not dusty.
- Fixed a camera placement issue in the showroom.
- Fixed various other performance issues.
- Fixed various vegetation issues.
- Fixed an issue where the application would freeze when using the Windows + P shortcut.
- Fixed an issue where particles (snow, dust, water) were no longer visible.
PlayStation 4 specific fix
- Fixed UI related crashes.
- Fixed a season mode related crash.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when completing a weekly event, monitoring the corresponding replay, and then trying the same event.
- Fixed a crash in spectator mode.
- Fixed a crash on the Mittelmosel stage after completing the Mittelmosel reverse stage.
Xbox One specific fix
- Fixed a soft lock on the application after changing the Xbox profile via the account picker.
- Fixed application soft lock after signing out and reloading on the podium screen for the season.
- Fixed the soft lock state of the application after the challenge was completed if the network connection was lost during loading.
- Fixed a crash when trying to create a club that is not connected to the internet.
- Photo mode settings are now associated with the correct user after changing users.