Xbox, Nintendo, and PlayStation all announced in today’s statement a joint partnership to promise a safer gaming environment for the gaming community across all console platforms.
“Every player is worth a great social gaming experience in an environment where respect and security are interrelated,” said Dave McCarthy, corporate vice president of Xbox Operations, posted on Xbox Wire. “On behalf of the community, Xbox A member of the Nintendo Switch player, PlayStation is an interdisciplinary combination of advanced technology, a support community, and the benefits of skilled human surveillance to protect players online. I think we need an approach. “
To that end, the pledge covers three key principles, along with bulleted guidance on how companies intend to meet them, stating:
Prevention: Allows players and parents to understand and control the gaming experience.
- It provides controls that allow players to customize their gaming experience. We support parents with the tools and information they need to create the right gaming experience for their children.
- We recognize that for safety features to be useful, they must be easy to use. We promote the availability of safety tools through platforms, support channels, services, websites and retail stores to reach more players and parents.
- We keep informed parents and players through our Code of Conduct, Terms of Service, and enforcement practices.
- We are investing in technology to prevent improper conduct and content before players are harmed.
Partnerships: We are working on partnerships with industry, regulators, law enforcement agencies, and communities to improve user safety.
- The focus is on the industry’s commitment to safety. We believe that we have the opportunity to work together for the benefit of the video gaming industry and all players to provide a safer gaming experience.
- We work with industry associations, industry members, regulators, law enforcement agencies and professionals to develop and drive online safety initiatives.
- We are committed to conducting shared research for the benefit of the industry.
- We believe that hatred, harassment and exploitation of young players makes no sense in the game. We work with the community to encourage safe gaming behavior and use reporting tools to summon malicious individuals.
- We work with rating agencies such as ESRB and PEGI to ensure that the game is rated by the right viewers.
Responsibility: We are responsible for making the platform as secure as possible for all players.
- We make it easier for players to report violations of our Code of Conduct, and not only remove content, but also limit players from using our services for fraudulent activities. Take action.
- We comply with all local laws and respond to all legitimate demands from law enforcement agencies. If you observe any illegal activity or if you believe your player is at risk of imminent harm, we will notify law enforcement immediately.
- Publish rules and requirements to ensure that reported players understand the requirements for continued engagement with the platform.
McCarthy concluded the statement, recognizing that protecting players can be difficult, but the partnership “improves player safety and ensures that the game truly remains for everyone. We hope to mean our commitment to work together. The video game industry has a long history of taking protective measures. Gamers, especially children, we have these challenges. We recognize that there is no company or industry that can solve the problem on its own.